Debate Coaches Say Gore Won

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
What I find remarkable is the willingness of those here to accept what ever your Republican Party tells you as the truth.

I don't, I believe Bush to be a terrible candidate. However, Al Gore is a criminal. I'd rather have a semi-inept President than one without an ounce of integrity or ethics.

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
<I don't, I believe Bush to be a terrible candidate. However, Al Gore is a criminal. I'd rather have a semi-inept President than one without an ounce of integrity or ethics. >

I disagree all the way around .

Gore is not a criminal until convicted. He is not a criminal now.

Bush is not a terrible candidate, think about Gary Hart who dared the press to prove he was having an affair, or that guy that said he graduated at the top of his class and dared people to prove im wrong. Those were terrible candidates.

I would rather not have a semi-inept president again, as in Jimmy Carter.

PistachioByAzul

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot he hasn't been convicted of anything yet. When a person has so many charges brought up against them, and so many investigations launched over their actions, it's easy to forget that they are innocent until proven guilty.

Use a little common sense and it's easy to see that he seriously lacks integrity. He may not technically be a criminal, but it's easy to see that he has a very dirty and scandalous track record.

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Seriously folks... has anyone fed trout lately? - It's a cleansing experience.

I'm so happy I have a trout pond and can forget this drivel... :)

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
<Oh I'm sorry, I forgot he hasn't been convicted of anything yet. When a person has so many charges brought up against them, and so many investigations launched over their actions, it's easy to forget that they are innocent until proven guilty.

Use a little common sense and it's easy to see that he seriously lacks integrity. He may not technically be a criminal, but it's easy to see that he has a very dirty and scandalous track record. >

Well i wouldnt invite him over to dinner, but i do give him the benefit of innocent until proven guilty.

I'm positive he lacks good judgement as shown by his continual misrepresentation of actual events, and unwillingness to be sure that something is correct before he says it.

Cynicism Alert ! &quot;Integrity for a politician is selling your ideals and then staying bought.&quot;

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
<Seriously folks... has anyone fed trout lately? - It's a cleansing experience.

I'm so happy I have a trout pond and can forget this drivel... >

Oh you lucky SOB....
You have me thinking of pan fried trout, cooked with real butter and a touch of salt. Ahhhhhhhh, I cant get good trout around here, you bastid!

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Bwahhhh....
I've got plenty - come to soggy Seattle and enjoy a trout! :)

slunk

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2000
I'm sorry, but seeing who won the debate by looking at online polls of CNN and, especially, vote.com is quite ridiculous. By looking at vote.com's previous polls, they particularly bring in a highly conservative population. CNN doesn't have the same population that vote.com does, but a very high percentage of internet users are still those that are in the upper class and vote for Republican candidates.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
Red - Could you please explain why ever post you say about Bush contains nothing but name calling? You act like a 2 year old. Every rebuttal you make to anything someone says in here usually contains some sort of childish name calling toward Bush.. You are clearly just upset that Bush is smarter than you, after all, at least his responses include more than just calling Al Gore an idiot or calling him stupid.. Thank god YOU are not the Republican candidate for President, you would have to ride to the white house in a little yellow bullet proof bus..

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
With Red - you must realize - he's almost frighteningly intelligent -
Very well read

and loves to stir the pot. :)

He has no position.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm Typing,

I don't see how you can really give a win to Bore on the Military service issue. Al was a reporter in the military He basically spent his time in Vietnam as a clerk in an office with personal body guards to make sure nothing happened to him. Dubya spent his time in the service in the National Guard flying fighter jets. Seems to me that just flying those jets is at least as hazardous as the keys on a typewriter in Vietnam.