Death or Life in prison? What would YOU choose?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
In light of the child molestation death penalty thread...lets say you were somehow convicted for murder 1 or something and got to choose life in prison or death by the state, which would you choose?

I, personally, would choose death.

yankeesfan

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2004
I would take life in prison and hope for new evidence that exonerates me, because I believe that I would probably be innocent.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Life in prison. When i was in prison i probably would have chosen death, but that was because i had a release date, and that's all i could think of. But you can make a 'life' in prison. For 99% of the world population up until the last couple of century, most people lived almost an existence of slavery or serf to some lord.

In between time of work and trying to avoid getting anally raped, i would write.

And not to mention you can get conjugal visits.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
depends on what sortof life in prison it would be

and if it was a prison in the US then ofcorse death is prefered

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Looney
Life in prison. When i was in prison i probably would have chosen death, but that was because i had a release date, and that's all i could think of. But you can make a 'life' in prison. For 99% of the world population up until the last couple of century, most people lived almost an existence of slavery or serf to some lord.

In between time of work and trying to avoid getting anally raped, i would write.

:laugh:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Czar
depends on what sortof life in prison it would be

and if it was a prison in the US then ofcorse death is prefered

Live free or die hard.

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
Life Imprisonment.

Take a look at this for example:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6707865.stm

They want the death penalty because they're lives are ending little by little. IMO, life sentences are WORSE then the death penalty.
Think about it. You can either have a quick death and get over it, or you can spend the rest of your miserable life in prison. Plus there's no possibility of killing off the wrong guy who might later be found innocent.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: yankeesfan
I would take life in prison and hope for new evidence that exonerates me, because I believe that I would probably be innocent.

I think this question assumes that DNA, eye witnesses, video tape, a signed confession and testimony from your own mother got you convicted.

I'd take life myself. Then if I got really tired of prison I'd make the death thing happen on my own. But this is why we don't let the criminals decide their own punishment.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Not to mention the fact that there's still the chance you can escape from prison too. ;)
Just steal the keys hanging off the security guards front shirt pocket while he's taking a snoring nap.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Lothar
Not to mention the fact that there's still the chance you can escape from prison too. ;)
Just steal the keys hanging off the security guards front shirt pocket while he's taking a snoring nap.

That guy in Ca had two witnesses killed while he was serving a life sentence. I can't remember his name. He was the old dude that people kept saying was too sick to put to death last year...

Life in prison does not mean that the rest of us are safe.

Sep 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Looney

Why were you in prison (or is that too personal)?

tomywishbone

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2006
Dig this and dig it good; sure I spout my share of gobbleyguck (nice to get a chance to use that word:)) but here's the truth; if you want to punish a man, put him on death row. It doesn't matter if they actually kill him or not. Put a man on death row and he is beaten, and I mean beaten.

To the op's question; life, and the choice is easy.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
I can't believe more people have chosen death than life. Sure life in prison sucks but you can still achieve something. Get a degree, write a book, read read read. If I somehow found myself in prison there's one thing I would be happy about, and that is my chance to read for 16 hours a day. I would certainly write a lot and if I could find the opportunity I would enroll in a distance university and get as many degrees as possible before I die.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Depends if I'm put in a country club prison with internet access, visitation rights, library, etc; or if it's a maximum security never see the light of day, fvck me in the ass prison...
That would be the deciding factor for me.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
It's funny how you can tell, just from the style of the title, that this thread was moved here from OT . . . but then I guess I'm all too easily amused. ;)

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
if your going to die, what else can they do to you?
Demand a shrubbery?

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
I'd take life. First of all, I could get out through the corrections system, and secondly, I could escape.

MobileLoser

Mar 3, 2007
Definitely death. Lethal injection is the most painless way to die. In fact, I'd choose it now even without being condemned to prison.