Dear Florida Stoners

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
I wonder if people that vote no really walk in there all high and mighty thinking 'drugs are bad mmk'.

Edit- well I guess they wouldn't be high

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
What are you smoking ?

I actually voted against it, and it looks it will pass, and probably more skeletor, too.

Looks most things I voted for or against going the other way.

*edit* NM, I guess it needed more.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
The stoners will never be able to get out the vote unless The Cartoon Network stops broadcasting on election day.

Maybe if the polling places had free Doritos...

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
I've never done drugs before but have seen Reefer Madness

Thankfully Florida voters are totally sane and have now put a stop to the madness spreading :colbert:

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
And now those who could actually benefit from it lose out, the state will spend millions incarcerating and prosecuting those who are caught with it and the non-tax paying drug dealers will continue to $profit, nice. To add insult to injury Rick scott got re-elected, the medicare ripioff scumbag who once paid a staggering $1.7 BILLION fine for his company overcharging the Feds for "ghost" patients. Rick had a huge cash pool and spent $13 million in the last week running ad's that blamed the jobs loss in 2007-2011 on the then Governor Crist. The fucking morons in this state lacked the IQ to remember the economy of the entire world crashed, FL suffered worse than many states due to the large amount of construction that all got stopped in a heartbeat and the lack of tourism as few had the cash to go on vacation here. It was LOL to see Scott surrounded by blue-hairs and old farts who haven't worked in decades and know zero about the job market and how difficult it is to find one that pays any $$ in FL.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
As long as they vote to ban alcohol as well, I guess I'm okay with it. Wouldn't want them to be inconsistent.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I've advocated legalization of marijuana for decades...and I don't smoke the stuff. HOWEVER, now that I live in Washington, a state that legalized pot 2 years ago...IMO, it's not working here. The supply of "approved marijuana" is so low and the taxes on it so high, that the prices are ridiculous...and it's much cheaper to buy from the guy on the street corner. Yes, you will PROBABLY get a more consistently better grade of pot at a pot shop...but you'll pay 25-50% more for your dope than you will from a black market seller.

The Washington Liquor Control Board (in charge of pot sales) has too many restrictions on who can have licenses, too few licenses available, too many restrictions on where shops that sell marijuana can be located, PLUS, the law allows cities/counties to ban sales in their jurisdictions. (and it's currently illegal to grow your own)

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Yep congrats to the old timers at Florida for failing to pass this. Meanwhile alcohol is A.O.K.!!! Idiots...

And I don't even smoke pot or live in FL.

ahenkel

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2009
I've advocated legalization of marijuana for decades...and I don't smoke the stuff. HOWEVER, now that I live in Washington, a state that legalized pot 2 years ago...IMO, it's not working here. The supply of "approved marijuana" is so low and the taxes on it so high, that the prices are ridiculous...and it's much cheaper to buy from the guy on the street corner. Yes, you will PROBABLY get a more consistently better grade of pot at a pot shop...but you'll pay 25-50% more for your dope than you will from a black market seller.

The Washington Liquor Control Board (in charge of pot sales) has too many restrictions on who can have licenses, too few licenses available, too many restrictions on where shops that sell marijuana can be located, PLUS, the law allows cities/counties to ban sales in their jurisdictions. (and it's currently illegal to grow your own)

Now that Oregon has legalized and has a sensible tax structure it's going to cause havoc is Washington. I couldn't believe the tax rate for pot in Washington. I read somewhere it causes a gram to run $50.00+

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009

Crackdown on the street corner guy will commence shortly, when the corporations that make the legal variety grease some palms.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000

Yea, they interviewed an illegal seller in CO and asked him if the legalization has put him out of business and he (wearing a mask) replied that business is booming because the taxes are so high on the legal stuff he can sell quality stuff for 50-60% less. Kind of reminds one of why moonshine is still going on, well 1st it's a tradition and 2nd no "sin" taxes on moonshine.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Now that Oregon has legalized and has a sensible tax structure it's going to cause havoc is Washington. I couldn't believe the tax rate for pot in Washington. I read somewhere it causes a gram to run $50.00+

Egregious taxes create black and grey markets as well as causing *real* crime and violence. The government; any government fucks up everything it touches. It's a greedy, petulant little wise and beautiful woman that takes more than it deserves(both rights and money), and doesn't perform to spec.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
What's the law on growing your own for personal consumption in States that permit the sale of MM?

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Funny thing is the change to make an amendment require 60% was passed with only 57% of the vote.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

I think they voted to repeal the MJ tax, didn't they?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Black market will never die when you can buy it for $50 a 1/4 OZ medical grade. Thats a little over 7 grams.

This experiment will fail unless the state backs off.