Dean picks up endorsements in South

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
You know it's funny. All the "experts" keep saying Dean will have trouble with this and trouble with that, and he just keeps proving them wrong. He definately has momentum right now, and pretty much has been the strongest candidate for months. I wonder why people like Sharpton, Moseley Braun, and Kucinich bother to stay in...do they think they will suddenly get massive support?

Also, I found this articles title a bit funny...

Democrat Dean tells Republicans: 'Bring it on'

"If I may quote the president," Dean told reporters with a smirk, "Bring it on." He was paraphrasing Bush's much criticized "bring 'em on" challenge to insurgents in Iraq.

:D

Jan 12, 2003

''I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks,'' the former Vermont governor was quoted as saying in Saturday's Des Moines Register.

...seems Howie likes the Stars and Bars quite a bit more than the typical African American.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
''I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks,'' the former Vermont governor was quoted as saying in Saturday's Des Moines Register.

...seems Howie likes the Stars and Bars quite a bit more than the typical African American.
I think getting the Black vote isn't much of a worry for Dean as they will not be voting for the Dub in significant numbers.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when DEAN destroys BUSH and watch all these ditto-monkeys crawl back in thier holes. Hell even if Bush wins the new-deal has won and we have won!

I'm still trying to fiqure out why these so-called conservatives like the man whos more liberal than Clinton? And grew entilitlements larger than any president since Nixon.

Text

PS the only reason I support DEAN is his civil liberties stance.. Other than that bush is alright;)

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

I think getting the Black vote isn't much of a worry for Dean as they will not be voting for the Dub in significant numbers.

I agree...I would, however, like to see some ads with Bo and Luke Duke and Dean riding in-between them :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Zebo
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when DEAN destroys BUSH and watch all these ditto-monkeys crawl back in thier holes. Hell even if Bush wins the new-deal has won and we have won!

I'm still trying to fiqure out why these so-called conservatives like the man whos more liberal than Clinton? And grew entilitlements larger than any president since Nixon.

Text

PS the only reason I support DEAN is his civil liberties stance.. Other than that bush is alright;)

Where's CAD & Rush to comment on this:

"Perhaps most importantly, there was a substantial reduction in federal spending as a share of gross domestic product during the Clinton years. Using the growth of domestic spending as a benchmark, Clinton was the second most conservative president of the post-World War II era, trailing only Ronald Reagan.

To be sure, much of the credit for Clinton's good policy probably belongs to the Republican Congress, but that is not an excuse for bad policy today. And on one positive note, President Bush has "promised" to fight for partial privatization of Social Security. Yet, so far, President Bush has not vetoed a single piece of legislation. Needless to say, this means it will be rather difficult to blame "big-spending" Democrats if the economy continues to sputter."

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999

Text

If he is so liberal, why do the dems hate him so much?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Crimson

Text

Because he's not their Liberal:)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Crimson

Text

Because he's not their Liberal:)

He may not have 'Liberal' down pat, but he's a perfect 'Donkey'.
----------

"Dean would be "a president of strength, moral conviction and balance." "

Right on!

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Crimson, the reason some Dems hate Dean is that there is a power struggle going on in the Dem party. The Clinton people do not want to let go of the power and the $$$.

As for JohnGalt, John, you lack mid-range response. For you it's black or white. Here's the deal, he actually wants to represent the guys with pickup trucks, Confederate flags, and guns (here's the tough part for you) AND bleeding heart liberals like me. What a novel concept! You can take it to your heart as a thought problem. This Confederate flag thing is like when Jimmy C said he had had lust in his heart. It's a very scriptual concept but binary guys had trouble with it.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Whitling

As for JohnGalt, John, you lack mid-range response. For you it's black or white. Here's the deal, he actually wants to represent the guys with pickup trucks, Confederate flags, and guns

Funny, I, like many in the South, thought it was stereotypical nonsense and layman for ?I want the hick vote.?

Jan 12, 2003
..glad Dick sees things like I do:

''I don't want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks,'' Gephardt said in a statement. ''I will win the Democratic nomination because I will be the candidate for guys with American flags in their pickup trucks.''

Jan 12, 2003
Oh, and as usual, Dean re-invented himself and took a 180:

In response to the criticism, Dean released a statement saying: ''I want people with Confederate flags on their trucks to put down those flags and vote Democratic -- because the need for quality health care, jobs and a good education knows no racial boundaries.

Open Mouth; Insert Foot

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
JohnGalt

I said: "the guys with pickup trucks, Confederate flags, and guns"

You said, "Funny, I, like many in the South, thought it was stereotypical nonsense and layman for ?I want the hick vote.? "

Which one of us characterized them as "hicks?" You lack mid range response. They're either good guys or hicks.

Jan 12, 2003
Lieberman admonished Dean to watch his words.

"Governor Dean ought to be more careful about what he says," he said. "It is irresponsible and reckless to loosely talk about one of the most divisive, hurtful symbols in American history."

..guess it's "black and white" to everyone but you, eh?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Sorry, John, but like you, Lieberman is a putz. Is that black and white enough for you.

There was no 180 in his comment. Both said exactly the same thing. It isn't the words that carry ideas, its the intent. Your lack of a mid-range is really more a lack of a more intuitive method of insight called feel. Step down out of your head and smell the roses. Feed the pigeons.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Sorry, John, but like you, Lieberman is a putz. Is that black and white enough for you.

Yea, it is...you, sir, like to go around and insult people, engage and name calling, and bore us with your babble about mirrors. Go away. Is that black and white enough for you, sir?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Yea, it is...you, sir, like to go around and insult people, engage and name calling, and bore us with your babble about mirrors. Go away. Is that black and white enough for you, sir?
Hehe, I think your putz is showing. Check the mirror after you pee and good grief, wash your hands.

Wolfdog

Aug 25, 2001
He must have appealed to the confederate flag, pickup driving good 'ol boys just like he wanted to. Next will be the watermellon eating dudes down south. ;)

Jul 1, 2000
Originally posted by: KK Is Cynthia McKinney endorsing that nut case too? KK
Who is Cynthia McKinney and why would she support Galt?

Cynthia McKinney is that whack job who wanted an investigation into what Bush knew and when about 9/11.
rolleye.gif
Kinda fits in with some of the incredibly nuts things that Dean has been babbling about recently.