Deal: XCOM 2 - $5 bucks - Steam

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

I've been waiting for Xcom 2 to drop in price and holy cow, this is a heck of a drop off standard. Couple of the DLCs on sale too and the whole bundle is $20.

I really loved XCOM 1, one of the best turn based tactics games of the modern era, this deal is really straining my resolution to avoid purchasing any games outside of the major summer/winter sales.

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Only way to play is iron man mode. No save reloading. Makes you value your troops where move is meaningful in battle, and on the global map as well.

Do you go back to rescue a wounded soldier? Would you let them go MIA and become a prisoner of war? Has the mission gone tits up and you got to abandon the mission?

Very fun, and tense game when you play it the way its meant to be played.

simas

Oct 16, 2005

I've been waiting for Xcom 2 to drop in price and holy cow, this is a heck of a drop off standard. Couple of the DLCs on sale too and the whole bundle is $20.

I really loved XCOM 1, one of the best turn based tactics games of the modern era, this deal is really straining my resolution to avoid purchasing any games outside of the major summer/winter sales.

if you are playing Xcom2 straight , please consider getting Long War mod -> makes more fun.
once done with Xcom2 straight , get War of the Chosen . The best Xcom experience i get was Xcom2+WoC , a battles in which on the same map at the same time there are
- my team doing my thing , including heroes
- aliens, doing their thing
- one of the Chosen doing his/her thing
- zombies, hostile to anyone they hear (including aliens or Chosen)

very messy , very fun battles - sneaking toward aliens , throw a grenade to get zombie attention and see aliens dying to zombies (as well as clearing them for me). fun!

Reactions: GodisanAtheist