**Deal Over** Best Buy has Verbatim dual layer DVD's 20 pack for $29.99

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
muthaf*cker....man i just saw this and need them bad!!!!! i just paid $12 for 3 @ wally world... :(

iseestars

Jun 24, 2006
Originally posted by: zifn4b
Originally posted by: Fallengod
Good lookin out. Ive been wanting a few actually. I dont know if I want 20 though. Too bad these are dvd+dl. Id rather have dvd-dl

FYI - you are better off with DVD+R. The reason is because you can set the BookType to DVD thus making your burns have much better compatibility with standalone players. This is not possible with DVD-R due to limitations of the physical media. The BookType is usually settable by using hacked firmware and a BookType set utility for your burner. For example, on NEC drives, Liggy's firmwares are typically used.

BUMP for a good deal! :)

That's the worst reasoning ever. If you have a program like DVDFab, you can select in the software to set the Booktype to DVD.

This is a great deal on verbatim's but they are NOT the only good DL's out there. I've had nearly no problems with Memorex DL's. The only times there were problems, it was because the source was bad.

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
This is a great deal on verbatim's but they are NOT the only good DL's out there. I've had nearly no problems with Memorex DL's. The only times there were problems, it was because the source was bad.

Your personal experience notwithstanding, Verbatims are the only brand known to work reliably with the different burners and players out there.

I am not posting this to try to keep an argument going or justify a purchase, but to help make sure that others don't read your post and get the wrong idea. If you (or others) have tried other brands and they work for you, save the money and laugh all the way to the bank. For many others who need a DL disk that is most likely to produce a reliable burn, this is the way to go.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dealseaker
maybe next time, I will try them out.

^^^ You bumped a 2 week old thread that's dead to say that? ^^^

Can you please update the OP Rio Rebel?

iseestars

Jun 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Rio Rebel

Your personal experience notwithstanding, Verbatims are the only brand known to work reliably with the different burners and players out there.

I am not posting this to try to keep an argument going or justify a purchase, but to help make sure that others don't read your post and get the wrong idea. If you (or others) have tried other brands and they work for you, save the money and laugh all the way to the bank. For many others who need a DL disk that is most likely to produce a reliable burn, this is the way to go.

Memorex are also very high quality. I've had no trouble with that brand on several different burners. Only coasters I made were my own fault. They're usually cheaper than verbatim too. This is a very good deal on verbatim, but it's not true that you HAVE to get verbatim brand.