Dead: ZOTAC GF6100-E-E AM3/AM2+/AM2 ITX AMD Motherboard $15 (after $15 rebate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmIII

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813500045

ZOTAC GF6100-E-E AM3/AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

Deal is a 'Shellshocker' starting 4pm eastern till 6pm eastern.

This is a great little board...especially at $15ar! I have one and it is a very stable little board.

WARNING: keep all paperwork, you will need it to get your rebate, Zotac is shady about paying, but has paid quickly once I called them...

Rebate till 06/30

Last edited:

sunilx

Apr 6, 2005
It's a nice board, graphics is crap. There are some nice PCI-e x1 workstation cards out there that work well. I'll be buying another one.

My experience with Zotac rebate on this board was identical to OP. It showed as approved online but no sign of actual check until I called.

Karaktu

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Apr 24, 2002
Combo deals for $10 off AMD CPUs. $49.99 for a retail 3.2Ghz Athlon II x2 isn't bad (as a combo), and $38.99 after rebate for 4GB Corsair DDR2-800 ain't either. :)

Makes a great kitchen recipe workstation/PC for cheap.

SimMike2

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2000
The lack of a PCI E slot for a decent graphics card makes this kind of weak. The onboard GF 6100 is pretty darn weak by today's standards.

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
The lack of a PCI E slot for a decent graphics card makes this kind of weak. The onboard GF 6100 is pretty darn weak by today's standards.

Unless you are building a FreeNAS server, in which case, it's not a big deal.

There is a big thread over at SlickDeals with details on how to use a PCI-E card...cutting the end wall from the connector, cutting up the card, or purchasing adapters - honestly, if you NEED graphics better than what it's stocked with, buy something else.

I have an Athlon 64 X2 orphaned because the motherboard I used it with keeps "eating" hard drives (they go bad after being hooked up to it), so this Zotac board will use that CPU and become a media server in my home network. 4 internal drives (with RAID capability) and an add-in PCI-E 1x USB 3.0 card (already have that) gives me plenty of storage space. I'll drop CAT5 into my basement and have some fun with it.

SimMike2

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2000
After reading their rebate form, I can see why people hate Zotac rebates. They actually threaten you in this rebate. Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.