dead thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Deinonych
Originally posted by: jjj807
it's not that great of a game, just like farcry wasn't. It's just amazing graphics and beautiful achievements in graphic design. People who upgrade for the sole purpose of playing the next big walletsucker is ridiculous at times. Hl2 engine and unreal 3 engine will be more prevalent among online and popular games for awhile and these engines run great on mid range systems.

go play age of empires

Yep, you're right. It's Minesweeper for me from now on.

While we're at it, let's go back to horse and buggy for transportation. :confused:

I like it. x2

Fact of the matter; Crysis is just one of the many games currently being released that make last year's top-end hardware look sickly and weak. Some of us enjoy the challenge that new games bring to the hardware table.

Far Cry (one of the best games ever, IMO) absolutely killed my system when it first came out. Now, it's almost a toy...quaint, by comparision to its' familial brother, Crysis.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
it's not that great of a game, just like farcry wasn't. It's just amazing graphics and beautiful achievements in graphic design. People who upgrade for the sole purpose of playing the next big walletsucker is ridiculous at times. Hl2 engine and unreal 3 engine will be more prevalent among online and popular games for awhile and these engines run great on mid range systems.

go play age of empires

Probably a CS fanboy. CryEngine2 whoops HL2's engine's ass. You could never have an environment nearly the size of CryEngine's abilities.

+ Age of empires has nothing to do with Crysis... wtf?
+ CryTek says it themselves: They make PC hardware get on its knees. There GOAL is to make the best graphics/gameplay, and by making you get a new PC, not only can you experience the for front of the newest, but beautiful graphics in games to-date...
+ This OP probably is 10 years old and is pissed that his 4 year old PC won't run the newest stuff out there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
edit: Erhm, well I just caught this: Just read that this was a joke. Wellp, theres (above) my additive to the joke presided in the first post. :)

Ctrackstar126

Jul 14, 2005

go play age of empires

The fact that these games are out show that people have a choice. If you don't want to play/cant afford a new system to play a game you simply don't.

You can make the same argument about a new corvette and say its not that great of a car is just has amazing looks and a beautiful engine. There are other cars that run great with a 4 cylinder or a V6 engine. Just sound mad because your pinto isn't doing the job.

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
lol you guys obvously just read the first post and replied, everyone cries so easily on this topic

Cheex

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2006
OP: Go eat gra$$ until it starts falling out your a$$.

Like it or not, Crysis has set the stage for ALL the games you will be enjoying from here on out.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Cheex

Like it or not, Crysis has set the stage for ALL the games you will be enjoying from here on out.

graphics-wise or gameplay-wise?
I can do with graphics-wise but not gameplay-wise. its completely dull and uninspired.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: pontifex
Originally posted by: Cheex

graphics-wise or gameplay-wise?
I can do with graphics-wise but not gameplay-wise. its completely dull and uninspired.

I dont think I agree with him, but I think he was talking about technically? The gameplay reminds me of Crackdown + Oblivion + Far Cry. For me, personally, that gets me really excited. I love the nano suit and it's abilities, but it's the MP that I couldnt care less for.

I played through the first part of the demo, probably, 6 times now and killed off the guys in completely different ways. Stealthy, pahrahna sytle, rambo, trash thrower....just awesome. But some people just arnt in to this game. No biggie. Why do people care so much about what other people think of the games they like? :confused:

Anywho.....jjj807 got what he wanted--to stir shit up. ;)

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
wow. thanks for everyone who understood that was my purpose- to stir shit up. some of you need to look in the mirror and get into the real world.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
wow. thanks for everyone who understood that was my purpose- to stir shit up. some of you need to look in the mirror and get into the real world.

same could be said of people who "stir shit up" on internet forums...

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004

....because we're all ghosts? :p

Deinonych

Apr 26, 2003

Troll much?

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
I suppose any sensible person like jjj807 has the right to stir up any sort of conflict he/she pleases because he/she is all powerful in falsely making fun of something people obviously care about and then later say it was a joke. OP one way or another is an ignorant idiot. Jokes over, change thread title and main post..

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
thread changed. sorry all, just wanted to start some crysis controversy. Great demo btw

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
wait no im sorry, ive been on this forum for 3 years, it's a fricken video game.