Dead Space 2 hitching while walking

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
I don't think it's necessarily a video card or video card driver issue. Toyota, is your motherboard capable of using Intel's IGP? If so, you could test that out to see if the hitching is still present. If it is, then you can probably safely assume it is not the video card or it's drivers.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
that driver does not support 670.

I have no issues with this type of hitching in any other game I have tested. btw its not just vsync that is an issue with these cards. they cannot stay at ANY framerate that you limit it to whether that's using vsync, framerate target or a framerate limiter. no matter what it will drop 1 fps below that every few seconds in every game for no reason at all. heck you can just stand still and it will do it. if the next driver does not fix all this crap then my card is going back.

I found them here. Directly from MSI. For GTX 670 too.

Many people are saying the old 300.83 drivers does not have this stuttering bug with several games, including Dead Space 2.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I don't think it's necessarily a video card or video card driver issue. Toyota, is your motherboard capable of using Intel's IGP? If so, you could test that out to see if the hitching is still present. If it is, then you can probably safely assume it is not the video card or it's drivers.
I have P67 board so no IGP. and again it Dead Space 2 worked perfect on my gtx570 and previous drivers. it has to be the driver causing this because that driver made it do the same thing on the 8600gt.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
I found them here. Directly from MSI. For GTX 670 too.

Many people are saying the old 300.83 drivers does not have this stuttering bug with several games, including Dead Space 2.
I dont see how that driver will work since it came out way before the gtx670. I will dl and give it a try though.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
I dont see how that driver will work since it came out way before the gtx670. I will dl and give it a try though.

You should try it. When searching google I found many people verifying this driver had no stuttering in games affected by all later drivers for GTX 670/680. Dead Space 2 was also listed as one of these games with stuttering.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
You should try it. When searching google I found many people verifying this driver had no stuttering in games affected by all later drivers for GTX 670/680. Dead Space 2 was also listed as one of these games with stuttering.
I just tried to install it and like I said it will NOT support my card. the only people using this have to be 680 owners not 670.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
I just tried to install it and like I said it will NOT support my card. the only people using this have to be 680 owners not 670.

People are saying that 302.71 removes stuttering. I've not tried this one.

Still searching for people who have hacked the 300.83 (Modded inf or something) as it seems to remove stuttering for GTX 680.

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
Update:

Just copied the nv_disp.inf from the 301.42 WHQL folder and overwrited the nv_disp.inf in the 300.83 display.driver folder. This allowed me to continue the installation of the 300.83 on my GTX 670. But did not install it. Just checked it would move on.

Update 2:

Continued the installation. It actually installs.

toyota, try it

Update 3: I have 300.83 installed on my GTX 670 now. It works. I had some small stuttering in Diablo 3 with later drivers. Will try it with the 300.83 now.

Last edited:

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
okay played it tonight on a different pc with an AMD card and it still did it so its the game. I dont know how I could have not noticed it before during my 4 playthroughs. plus the spot where I noticed it at was the same spot I have used to test several monitors so I have ran back and forth through that exact area literally hundreds of times. o_O

btw the 6530D is a turd of a gpu. it is literally no better than my old 8600gt. in fact it was worse in Dead Space 2 as I had to put it on low settings and 1280x720 to get around 40 fps.

Last edited:

The_Golden_Man

Apr 7, 2012
okay played it tonight on a different pc with an AMD card and it still did it so its the game. I dont know how I could have not noticed it before during my 4 playthroughs. plus the spot where I noticed it at was the same spot I have used to test several monitors so I have ran back and forth through that exact area literally hundreds of times. o_O

btw the 6530D is a turd of a gpu. it is literally no better than my old 8600gt. in fact it was worse in Dead Space 2 as I had to put it on low settings and 1280x720 to get around 40 fps.

Did you try owerwriting the nv_disp.inf and install the 300.83 driver?

Edit: I see you tried with an AMD card, then it's the game, like you say.

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004

Are you running this as a Steam game? Because it sounds like the game needs updated.