[DEAD]Smoking Hot! Seasonic Gold X 650w 89$ free shipping

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
Very nice. :thumbsup:

newegg.png

kleinkinstein

Aug 16, 2012
Or for $10 get 100w more. Snag yourself the X750 for nothing more than a c-note. I simply adore the X-series.

newegg.png

Last edited:

philipma1957

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2012
yeah I use them

2x x660

2x x400 fanless

and 2x 1000 watt platinums.

they run 24/7 for bit coining. very nice gear

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
i have 2 X750's and 1 X650 (see sig), so i can vouch for both. the performance differences between the two PSUs that jonnyguru touched on are negligible in the real world. for instance, while the X650 has marginally better voltage regulation, the X750 still falls well within spec. the slight spike on the 5V rail is common to both the X650 and the X750, but hasn't affected me in the slightest in over a year of ownership.

if you must decide between one or the other, it should come down to power consumption needs, and any arbitrary performance differences between the two ignored IMO. the way both are priced right now, you can't go wrong with either.

Nov 26, 2005
Where? On what? Please provide link.

JohnnyGuru

COLD LOAD TEST
Efficiency 650w
134w - 588w 90+ efficiency

Efficiency 750w
302w - 332w 90+ efficiency

Low Load Test Efficiency
650w = 88.8%
750w = 86.2%

Like above poster mentioned it's sorta like splitting hairs so I won't bother posting the other results but you can read on for yourself and decide which is better for you. My take is I appreciate the wider range of efficiency because not all the time is my game machine pulling ~ 350w and currently it idles at ~171w.

The only performance test where the 750w outperforms the 650 is the 12v rail ripple suppression = 20mv VS 30mv respectively (higher being worse.)

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
My take is I appreciate the wider range of efficiency because not all the time is my game machine pulling ~ 350w and currently it idles at ~171w.
you make a very good point here. i should note that the efficiency range advantage of the X650 is not as much of a concern to me b/c my 4 computers are dedicated crunchers, and are therefore always under load and don't idle. i should also point out that, while the electric bill savings may amount to something in the long run with the X650's slightly better 90.5% efficiency in the 134W-148W output range, the X750 is no slouch with an efficiency of 89.5% in the 153W-171W output range. i just wanted to point that out, b/c if people only see the fact that the X750 is only 90%+ efficient in the 302W-332W output range, they might mistakenly assume that its efficiency in the low power draw range (where PCs usually idle) is much worse than it really is (i know i would...thank god for jonnyguru reviews).

Nov 26, 2005
i want to take this time and point out that it's JonnyGuru, not "JohnnyGuru" like i wrote before, lol

Glad I could help out :D

kleinkinstein

Aug 16, 2012
BEWARE!~

I've been buying these 650w and 750w units for a good long time. Something very bad has happened. I ordered two of the $90 specials from last week and they just arrived. I'm here to report that there is a new design which is slight and no big issue, but the modular cables are cheap and pathetic. No more high quality connectors that you see in all the pics. These cords are anemic, not acceptable for the price. You get better quality in the cheapo Corsair CX builder units. To buoy margins, it appears we now must lower our expectations of the X-series going forward. No wonder why they've been on sale. Beware!

Heads up to Newegg and Amazon, you need to update your pics of the actual product.

Sunny129

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2000
thanks for the heads-up. looks like it might be time to jump ship to the Corsair AX series PSUs, assuming they didn't switch to cheap cables as well (b/c otherwise they are almost identical to the SeaSonic X series in build quality).

Raincity

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
BEWARE!~

I've been buying these 650w and 750w units for a good long time. Something very bad has happened. I ordered two of the $90 specials from last week and they just arrived. I'm here to report that there is a new design which is slight and no big issue, but the modular cables are cheap and pathetic. No more high quality connectors that you see in all the pics. These cords are anemic, not acceptable for the price. You get better quality in the cheapo Corsair CX builder units. To buoy margins, it appears we now must lower our expectations of the X-series going forward. No wonder why they've been on sale. Beware!

Heads up to Newegg and Amazon, you need to update your pics of the actual product.

Wonder if they are the same cheap cables being packaged in the G series also.

Nov 26, 2005
Yes, just confirmed with mine. They are a different style of cable. Just the main 24pin is sleeved the others are a flat style in black color. I can see pros and cons to it but i would of liked the style that came with my first (all sleeved) I am going to write them and ask why.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I've got the 750W @ $99 coming in on Friday for my new build. I really like that the 750W is still a short style PSU

kleinkinstein

Aug 16, 2012
So, soooo disappointed that the sleaved cables are gone. Did you also notice that the PCIE connector on the 650 unit are pinned different now too? I too am going to ping them about the 650w quality cuts. Seems like the units are manufactured all together different too. I'm going to open one up for an autopsy and examine more. Cheap Basterds!

The 750w just arrived and it's identical to what we are used to. Same identical designed unit and the lux sleeved cables. Whew!

MarkLuvsCS

Jun 13, 2004
Other than maybe routing and snaking in tight/flat crevices, what are the pros? Not being an azz, I'm genuinely curious.

Photos of new and unimproved cables here.

Thanks for the pictures of the new cables. I actually think I'd prefer the newer flat black cables vs. the bigger sleeved cables. I always have issues when trying to plug into hard drives all stacked up because the cables are inflexible. Aside from it looking different, I don't know if it functions really any different.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
So do they look like the flat cables Corsair uses?

http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/psu-parts.html

wtf

Warning
In order not to compromise your security, this page will not be accessed
The requested URL has been identified as a potentially dangerous website.
Further information as to why this page was blocked can be found here. A description of how to remove the block for this page is available here.

Requested URL: http://www.corsair.com/us/parts/psu-parts.html
Category/categories:
Phishing URLs