Dead Island Crap with ACTS!

ShreddedWheat

Apr 3, 2006
So I fired up Dead Island last night.....was having a blast with it. Little did I know that when you choose a character at the beginning of the game you were choosing a position in the game. I liked Ryder..he seemed badass....come to find out later he is the last act of the game so I basically played the last 3/4ths of the game to the end. What a bitch that is! Can't even get motivated to try to play from the beginning.

Hope this helps someone.....great game though!

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Isn't the Ryder White only playable in one of the DLC's? I have the base game but none of the DLC.

Stick to the main campaign first, then move on the DLC.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
So I fired up Dead Island last night.....was having a blast with it. Little did I know that when you choose a character at the beginning of the game you were choosing a position in the game. I liked Ryder..he seemed badass....come to find out later he is the last act of the game so I basically played the last 3/4ths of the game to the end. What a bitch that is! Can't even get motivated to try to play from the beginning.

Hope this helps someone.....great game though!

? He has a DLC. Are you not playing the main campaign?

ShreddedWheat

Apr 3, 2006
If the Ryder campaign is dl only then that is great. I was like wtf! Thought it was weird playing against lvl 15 enemies at the beginning. The game is better than I thought and enjoying it!

Thanks Weasel :) Will keep playing but these zombies level 2 are a bunch of pansies after battling harder enemies. Glad to hear Ryder is only dl! :)

Axel...glad I made you laugh / lol...I was like wtf! Who the hell would let you play the last quarter of a game? haha

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
If the Ryder campaign is dl only then that is great. I was like wtf! Thought it was weird playing against lvl 15 enemies at the beginning. The game is better than I thought and enjoying it!

Thanks Weasel :) Will keep playing but these zombies level 2 are a bunch of pansies after battling harder enemies. Glad to hear Ryder is only dl! :)

Axel...glad I made you laugh / lol...I was like wtf! Who the hell would let you play the last quarter of a game? haha

LOL. All good, we've all had a blonde moment before.

The game is not bad. It's a bit repetitive but modding the weapons is quite fun. I suggest you stick to melee as guns aren't great.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Dead Island is the best coop zombie game I've ever played... not that I've played many. But this game is better than Left 4 Dead. Large maps, not just moving in one linear direction. And zombies can actually be a challenge, unlike in L4D where you can mow down 50 of them in one clip.