[DEAD] If you were thinking of buying "cheap computer speakers", consider these.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16836121056?Description=refurbished logitech&cm_re=refurbished_logitech-_-36-121-056-_-Product

A little bit better, IMHO, than those cheesy 2.0 speaker sets at Wally-world and Staplers and the like... these actually sound decent, and they're Logitech. (Though, being refurb, I doubt that you get much beyond a 30-day warranty, if that.)

Edit: This post was about the Newegg listing for $23, NOT the "Action Packaged" listing for $59.99 or whatever. For $60, you can get a decent set of NEW speakers. But for refurbs of these, ~$20 or so is a decent deal, keep looking everyone once in a while, they get them in, but sell out fairly quickly. Check ebay and BestBuy too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo and SamirD

benjamin.mtzgr

Nov 6, 2011
www.mtzgr.net
purchased. wish i could have gotten 2. would have bought for the kids. but I gues glad i didnt. so i don't have to listen to their dumb youtube videos on volume 100 at 11pm.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Nah...I got a friend with a white van...he always has the best stuff...

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Friends don't let friends buy things from vipoutlet... just saying.

Edit: More specifically, sticking to the facts, I once ordered a refurb, I think Dell, mini-tower desktop, supposed to come with a quad-core, came with an i3, and then maybe a year or two later, following a "slickdeal", I ordered a Lenovo brand-new desktop PC, supposedly with a Ryzen 2200G. It came, and it was indeed brand-new, but it was the prior-gen model, with the inferior Bristol Ridge A8 APU instead. So, what was that adage about "fool me once"?

Last edited:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Heh, I wouldn't buy a TV from them but the few things I've bought there haven't been a problem, with those items being gray market, return/refurb/other "grade A" rather than "new" in the description. I do keep in mind that most items only have the 90 day warranty which is also the return window.

I figure you're going to assume extra risk buying a 3rd party refurb off 'egg or Amazon too. I've had the most instances of missing pieces at 'egg and the most instances of any issue at Amazon - as far as product condition, their CS has always been good.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamirD

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Friends don't let friends buy things from vipoutlet... just saying.
^ Heh, I wouldn't buy a TV from them but the few things I've bought there haven't been a problem, with those items being gray market, return/refurb/other "grade A" rather than "new" in the description. I do keep in mind that most items only have the 90 day warranty which is also the return window.

I figure you're going to assume extra risk buying a 3rd party refurb off 'egg or Amazon too. I've had the most instances of missing pieces at 'egg and the most instances of any issue at Amazon - as far as product condition, their CS has always been good.
I think it's tough to tamper with speaker systems. Whereas, with desktops, which is what Larry had his bad experience with, it is far easier to tamper with the internals or just "accidentally-on-purpose" mislist the specs and have most sheep not catch the discrepancy.

I doubt vipoutlet is making much money with this sale. Shipping and merchant processing fees will eat into the cut they take.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
The complaints I've read, which was a while ago so I have vague recollection, were customers had more issues with wrong thing sent, shipping damage or poor customer service with VO.

Whether a desktop spec is wrong, I don't know the causes... just think it would be harder for them to ship the wrong item when it is unique, and harder for damage if it's not fragile like a TV.

The thing with VO pricing is it's all over the map. It's almost like they have 3 different people setting the prices, one who sets very low prices, one who sets prices at a fair margin below retail but then their adjusted, inherent "free" shipping overhead cost wipes out a bit of that savings, and one person who has no idea what products are worth and sets prices for refurbs well above new/retail prices for the same item elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamirD

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com
I doubt vipoutlet is making much money with this sale. Shipping and merchant processing fees will eat into the cut they take.
A lot of times the way you make money when you have a warehouse of stuff is to simply get rid of stuff that's taking up space for stuff that sells--and that's probably what's going on here. And these are truly a win-win scenario as a seller gets rid of stuff they need to move and the buyer gets stuff at an exceptionally good deal. I've gotten some server stuff like this from a warehouse that was moving locations and it was easier for them to sell stuff below cost than move it to the new location--was very win-win. :D

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Well, I guess, speaker systems don't really have a "configuration", like a desktop PC does, so you're probably safer order those, but I'm just saying, you might get a different (and inferior) model instead of what you ordered. Per my personal experiences.

And the original deal for the factory refurb ones at Newegg, were only $23 shipped, so, personally, I would choose to shop at Newegg, when possible.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Well, I guess, speaker systems don't really have a "configuration", like a desktop PC does, so you're probably safer order those, but I'm just saying, you might get a different (and inferior) model instead of what you ordered. Per my personal experiences.

And the original deal for the factory refurb ones at Newegg, were only $23 shipped, so, personally, I would choose to shop at Newegg, when possible.
Well, the Z213 is the only 2.1 system offering that is lesser than the Z313. Shouldn't be too hard to make sure the stickers have the right number.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/cheap-actually-computer-speakers/