<DEAD> Get Tropico 4 Steam game for free from Humble Store. (2 days only)

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
What is the point of them wanting you to tie the steam account to Humble Bundle?

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
What is the point of them wanting you to tie the steam account to Humble Bundle?
Here's the how. https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/212341218-How-to-link-your-Steam-account

I think they used to do it to put the keys directly into your steam account. I guess they do it now to prevent abusing a freebie or buying bundles. Either that or to gather data or make you offers as they show up in your steam groups. Indiegala and Bundlestars also requiring linking to your steam account for their giveaways.

Humble is legit though. I love and buy most of their bundles. It's been a while since I linked and I must have removed them from my steam groups. I think I've read others linking to get the freebie and then unlinking after.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Sorry, should have been more clear, I mean, since they don't put the key directly into the account, and instead show you the key, what was the point of that?

I suppose it could be something they do in the future, but, they also had other free keys that didn't require a steam account tie-in.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
My best guess is to make sure you're getting the key for yourself so people don't just request multiple keys with email addys and then turn around and sell the keys for their own personal gain.

As far as safety I think you end up on steam's site to do the linking. Whenever I end up entering credentials I make sure that I've been on that site before and that it's secure. In my mind it helps prevent phishing.