[DEAD] Eluktronix "MANIX" 1TB (other larger sizes available) NVMe PCI-E 4.0 QLC $129.99 @ Newegg

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001

Not bad in the sequential read dept. Write speeds nothing to "write home" about.

But it is a "cheap" PCI-E 4.0 NVMe drive, with not a lot of price-premium for PCI-E 4.0.

Edit: Dead, now $199.99. Wasn't a bad deal for $129.99.

Last edited:

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
I'll wait until the Kojak or Columbo NVME models come out. :D

It would be interesting to see the real world speeds on this, though. It might be decent as a data drive, but depending on your motherboard, your second M.2 slot might not be 4.0 (my B550 is in this situation), so you wouldn't get those read speeds in that configuration.

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com
I'll wait until the Kojak or Columbo NVME models come out. :D

It would be interesting to see the real world speeds on this, though. It might be decent as a data drive, but depending on your motherboard, your second M.2 slot might not be 4.0 (my B550 is in this situation), so you wouldn't get those read speeds in that configuration.
Don't forget the Hawaii 5-0 models either, haha!

Adata showed how great performance on your initial models will get them selling so you can bait and switch to slower and literally not the same models for the same price and idiots will keep buying them. So that's the new trend. I expect every half-baked shady manufacturer to jump on this so we'll see more of this coming down the pipeline. :mad: