[DEAD] Dezin Electric Hot Pot Upgraded 1.5L Mini Pot Seafoam Green (Egg Rack Included) $15.99 FS @ Newegg (DEZIN GROUP, shipped by NE)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Dezin Electric Hot Pot Upgraded, Non-Stick Saute Pan, Rapid Noodles Cooker, 1.5L Mini Pot for Steak, Egg, Fried Rice, Ramen, Oatmeal, Soup with Temperature Control, Seafoam Green (Egg Rack Included) $15.99

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I have a rather small and old stove in my apt., so I picked up a couple of these. According to a review, they boil water pretty well, and I'm somewhat hopeful that I will be able to cook a burger on it too.

Edit: Last time that these were on sale @ Newegg for $31.99,, Amazon had them for $29.99, so possibly check Amazon too. They had different colors too.

Edit: I have absolutely no idea if these items are even good or useful. I'll let you guys know once I get mine and try them out.

Last edited:

MisterE

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2000
That pot is $30 at Amazon. Here's a similar but maybe more powerful item at Amazon for $26 plus tax with free Prime Shipping. The Dezin pot at NewEgg lists 150W / 600W and the Dcigna pot at Amazon lists 350W / 700W for their 2 cooking powers. Nonstick ceramic coating at Amazon, some of that black nonstick coating at NewEgg:

DCIGNA 1.5L Electric Hot Pot, Noodle Cookers, Mini Electric Sauté Pan, Mini Hot Pot, Ceramic Non-stick Coating, Suitable For Steak, Egg, Porridge, Ramen, Oatmeal, Soup with Temperature Control (Non-stick Coating)

Reactions: VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
That's pretty nice too. If I had seen that one before, I might have purchased it instead. I kind of like the Ceramic non-stick coating better than whatever the other kind is. Thanks for posting that.

MisterE

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2000
That's pretty nice too. If I had seen that one before, I might have purchased it instead. I kind of like the Ceramic non-stick coating better than whatever the other kind is. Thanks for posting that.

Send one of your NewEgg pots back (or use as a gift) and pick up one of the Amazon pots, that way you can compare.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
The trick with kitchen gadgets isn't the quality and features in an absolute sense, but how well does it fit your use. When I look at this specific device it reminds me of the oldest kitchen standard device, an electric skillet, which has the great advantage of thermostatic control vs two power settings, and the mixed feature/issue of larger size cooking area.

Even the most expensive devices are cheap vs the cost of the food that goes through them, so don't be afraid to try a different type and just give the old one to charity.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Back in stock, now on sale for $15.99 rather than $25.99.

How that speaks to the quality or lack thereof of this unit, I do not know. I have not actually used mine yet, sorry.

MisterE

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2000
Those are pretty nice looking, but mikeford's suggestion of an electric skillet might be worth some consideration too. I already have an electric skillet in the house, and I also have my 80-year-old mom living with me that sometimes cooks yummy food with it.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
BTW, I remember from my childhood, those big rectangular electric skillets are AWESOME for pancakes.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
or you could always buy a real oven and install it in your rental and take it with you when you leave or make a deal for it to come out of your rent slowly? thats what i would do, gotta have a good stove.

i bet they go on sale soon, i usually purchase things from that site around presidents day, wash machine, fridge, dryer and washer so far so good.

Last edited: