*DEAD* Dell Flat Panel Monitor - 1800FP for $479.20 Shipped Free

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KrayzyAzn

Apr 10, 2002
Originally posted by: LukFilm
I game with it and it's GREAT! Its specs ARE 25ms, not 30ms that people state, BUT for 25ms it's great. There is actually 25ms and 25ms, the difference between different models with the same response time is amazing. For example, 1900FP is much worse for gaming than 1800FP for some reason. Well, that's because 1800FP is made by LG Electronics and 1900FP by Samsung.
says here that the response time is 30ms.
Also, keep in mind that this monitor has a cleartype problem. Search the forum for exact details.

technogeeky

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2000
Originally posted by: KrayzyAzn
Originally posted by: LukFilm
I game with it and it's GREAT! Its specs ARE 25ms, not 30ms that people state, BUT for 25ms it's great. There is actually 25ms and 25ms, the difference between different models with the same response time is amazing. For example, 1900FP is much worse for gaming than 1800FP for some reason. Well, that's because 1800FP is made by LG Electronics and 1900FP by Samsung.
says here that the response time is 30ms.
Also, keep in mind that this monitor has a cleartype problem. Search the forum for exact details.

Keep in mind that it's not a PROBLEM, it's a difference. It's like expecting NVidia drivers to work with ATI Video cards.

I'm curious, however, why this monitor is supposedly better for gaming if ghosting is supposedly worse?

az4dan

Nov 23, 2002
not too shabby... except when compared to the $410 for this piece couple months ago. SIGH...

uwannawhat

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2002
I bought this monitor when it was $400 @ the begining of this month.

Absoulutely love it! :D However, I noticed a dead pixel on Thrusday. Called Dell on Friday & a replacement is on it's way already. I almost missed my return window by two days.:Q

K-squared

Golden Member
Nov 1, 1999
Thanks for the reply Steve

So, if you had to choose one FP over the other, which would you choose and why - is the higher resolution of the 2000FP that noticeable??? Why are the 2000FP's controls better - more options, greater flexibility, easier to use??? Why is the switching better - is it a control panel button, or software selectable switching???

again, thanks!

Reply posted by: Steve0
I have a 2000FP and just bought an 1800FP for my father.

Notwithstanding the $300-400 difference in price, you do get higher resolution on the 2000FP, better controls IMO, more inputs IIRC, and better switching between them.

Steve

Originally posted by: K-squared
How does this 1800FP compare to the larger FPs Dell offers???

SharkyTM

Platinum Member
Sep 26, 2002
dell made a nice mistake on the 1700fp that was @400 shipped last month, and sent me the ultra sharp model... i called, asked if they wanted it shipped back, they said to keep it. I WROTE down the CS guys tag # (thank god i did)... two weeks later, they fukkin tried to charge my the difference. Luckily Amex flagged it, and called me. I had them ask the CSR, and he supported me, said that he asked his supervisor... someone lost a job i bet.

i love my 17, just the right size, great gaming, and if ya turn the refresh up, the fuzzy text goes away 100%.

LDHollywood

Apr 6, 2003
I bought one of these monitors in January and liked it so much I just got another one for a dual-display setup. Now my desktop is 2560x1024. This is absolutely SICK if you use your computer for pro-audio or web/print design. I wouldn't know about gaming--the last game I played was Duke Nuken 3D. :)

- LD

www.derstepanian.net

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
ugh... such a debate! I don't need a new computer until i go to college, at which point i plan on picking up a small form factor computer and LCD. The question is, will a good LCD like this one get any cheaper? AHHH!