[DEAD]BYTECC C6EB-10B 10 ft. Cat 6 Blue Enhanced 550MHz Patch Cables (10+ qty, $2.27 ea FS) @ Newegg

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
And then it's still cheaper at your listed quantity. And I can get them in a variety of colors.

NewEgg
10 Cables - $22.70
Shipping - $0.00
Total - $22.70

Monoprice
10 Cables - $12.20
Shipping - $8.49
Total - $20.69

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Still, for us East Coast'ers, Newegg's warehouse is in NJ, I get orders next day or at least in two days, using Fedex.

Monoprice ships from CA, using USPS, and it takes a week.

Sometimes the total price isn't the total picture.

Plus, I've had bad cables from monoprice, I haven't from Newegg yet.

Edit: I'm not saying that Monoprice isn't a deal, it is. But likewise, that doesn't automatically invalidate this deal either.

Last edited:

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
Maybe it's being on the opposite side of the country but I usually get my Monoprice orders in 2 days. Newegg's usually still "processing" my order at that point. I've ordered probably 100 cables from Monoprice, never had a bad one.

Meh, I'm just not a fan of Newegg these days I guess.

2bosbo

Apr 18, 2017
Regardless Newegg deal is dead and the cables are back to $4.29 plus $1.99 shipping. Monoprice's regular price is $2.17. I haven't bought much from Newegg recently as it seems even their sale prices aren't that great and now that they have created a "shipping club" with annual dues ala Amazon they don't regularly deliver like they used to. Finally the Monoprice Ethernet cables are made of 100% pure bare copper wire, as opposed to copper clad aluminum (CCA) wire, and are therefore fully compliant with UL Code 444 and National Electrical Code TIA-568-C.2 fire and safety standards, which require pure bare copper wire in communications cables. I can't find a spec sheet for the Newegg cables and the wire material is not listed.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Finally the Monoprice Ethernet cables are made of 100% pure bare copper wire, as opposed to copper clad aluminum (CCA) wire, and are therefore fully compliant with UL Code 444 and National Electrical Code TIA-568-C.2 fire and safety standards, which require pure bare copper wire in communications cables. I can't find a spec sheet for the Newegg cables and the wire material is not listed.
I would think that fire codes would only really apply, if you were going to actually install the cables in a wall. Surely, they don't apply to regular ethernet cables that you just plug into components.

2bosbo

Apr 18, 2017
The answer would be no and yes respectively. The code governs wall installation, installation in ducts, plenums, and raceways and cable routing assemblies. As you may know heat is generated by the amount of signal going through a cable and the more cables you have the more the heat buildup, particularly in the middle of a bundle of cables. As speeds have increased the code is changing to stricter and stricter standards. Its might be safe to say that the code still only applies to commercial installations, like server environments. I haven't done any installs in many years. It doesn't apply to running a cable from your computer to your router though thats not a clear cut delineation as you could have many devices and many cables bundled together or in an enclosed space and if all those devices are simultaneously pumping data its going to generate a lot of heat. Pure copper is the standard for regulated installations. copper plated aluminum is inferior, cheaper, and generates more heat for the same data rates for identical sized cables than pure copper. Where you will first see the effect, if monitoring it, is in data error rates and as it gets worse it can lead to a fire hazard.