Dead American Soldiers in Madonna's Music Video?!?!

Dangermouse33

Mar 9, 2001
For all of you that have seen the video for American Life, are those dead American soldiers in the brief flashes of al jazeera clips?!

If so, shame on Madonna!

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
She has been desperately trying not to get that released in the USA... career killer... but of course it was already pretty much dead.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
And she is such a lying bitch... She released it in Germany, but IS AFRAID to release it here... she claims she didn't want to release it here out of respect for our troops.. then why the fvck did she release it in Germany :|

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
The troops (as an extension of Bush policy) cannot have their respect lowered in Germany or Japan. I'm not defending the Materialistic One but why deny Germans the ability to see something they clearly agree with?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Lets see... it gets released in Germany and then goes on Kaaza or whatever the hell and then it is in America... Like she can really keep it away from the American public :confused:

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I thought it was a cool video... for Madonna. I really don't see any reason for a sensible person to get their panties in a wad over it.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I thought it was a cool video... for Madonna. I really don't see any reason for a sensible person to get their panties in a wad over it.

I'd have to agree.. the only part that was confusing/distasteful was the tossing of the hand grenade.

The part about "not a jew or a christian" is a bit confusing though??

Jimbo

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

I thought it was typical Madonna.

As far as any anti-american message in that video, it was marginal. I don't remembering seeing any dead babies or dead American soldiers.
I did think it was funny that about half the aircraft in that video (that I assume are supposed to be American) that were dropping bombs were actually either Soviet or British.

I'm not a real big Madonna fan and that video did not change my mind.

I think she peaked in 1984 and has been on a steady decline since.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dahunan

I'd have to agree.. the only part that was confusing/distasteful was the tossing of the hand grenade.

What ever. I'm really not to concerned about the message as I am about the entertainment value. I think it's a shame that she's afraid to release it here in the states because some Neo Neanderthal Psuedo Patriots might make a big stink about it.

LethalWolfe

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2001

What ever. I'm really not to concerned about the message as I am about the entertainment value. I think it's a shame that she's afraid to release it here in the states because some Neo Neanderthal Psuedo Patriots might make a big stink about it.

So does this mean the Dixie Chicks have more balls than Madonna?

Lethal

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: LethalWolfe

Lethal
Actually I don't think there is a set amongst them:) Like someone said, Madonna's career is on the downward spiral (after a sh!t Movie or two) and she's probably afraid her video might hurt her career.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: LethalWolfe

Lethal
Actually I don't think there is a set amongst them:) Like someone said, Madonna's career is on the downward spiral (after a sh!t Movie or two) and she's probably afraid her video might hurt her career.
She IS the "Material Girl". Obviously her decision is based on "respect" - for the law of economics.

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Mrburns2007
Lyrics are lame and so is the song.

Friggin werd

Man that is the worst Madona song Ive ever heard and that is saying allot

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Damn, she still looks good for her age :p Was that lil w who caught the nade?

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
Originally posted by: Tabb
Damn, she still looks good for her age :p Was that lil w who caught the nade?

BACK OFF dude, she's mine :)

I claimed her earlier on in the thread.

owensdj

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2000
I didn't see anything exactly anti-American about her song or the video. In fact, it seems pretty positive. Here are some of the lyrics:

American life
I live the American dream
You are the best thing I?ve seen,
You are not just a dream

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
Sweet! Just as I was about to comment on SuperSix's misogyny... looks like the Mods have pulled it.