DDR2 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400C4, CL4-4-4-12, 800MHz, CorsairTWIN2X2048-6400C4 $29.99 AR @ frys.com

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
That's a pretty huge rebate. Also, is rebate good on only one per household? If so, then no getting two for dual channel.

Just a note, can get a pair of Super Talent from eWiz for around $35 each 2GB stick with no rebates. Ground shipping for the pair to me would be around $7.

psihog

Sep 21, 2003
I wish the ram prices would go back up so I don't feel so bad for all the $150/1GB sticks I bought before. :D
They also have OCZ 4gb (2x2gb kit) for $54.99 after $30 rebate. link expires today.

CaryH

May 11, 2004
Hey Zap, the $79.99 before rebate is for a matched pair of 1GB sticks not a single 2GB stick. I got on this deal around the beginning of they year (for $84.99 - $50) and am not sure if the one rebate per household considers this rebate to be the same as the one I got earlier. They have different offer #'s, but who know.

I love Corsair memory! I've never had a problem with it.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
slightly off topic

shyte! with sheer stupidity in misreading gba's post and ignorance for not double checking what i was buying, i purchased a set from newegg thinking it was a 4gb set.

well i'm happy to report i got the package delivered today, and only then did i realize this is a 2gb set.

i've never really returned anything from newegg. i read they have a 15% restocking fee. does this apply to everything or only non-opened items?

Scrimmy

Oct 19, 2007
There's something I'm curious about now with how quickly RAM prices are dropping all across the board, and this seems as good a place as any: is this a sign that companies are trying to burn through their inventories now because they think prices are going to continue to crash later, or is just a matter of clearing out inventory during a winter lull?

I was planning on doing an upgrade to 4gigs and I'm trying to decide whether I hurry up and buy before prices start creeping back up, or if it would be fine to wait because these prices are going to be more the norm now.

Earfoam

Oct 28, 2007
Really pisses me off that these ram manufacturers got away with price fixing for so long. Remember when Ballistix DDR2-8000 was $330 for 2 x 1? :| A-holes, I hope it stays low for a long time. DDR3 has to crash also, only a fool would buy that CAS 7 crap now.

djnsmith7

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2004
Originally posted by: xyyz
slightly off topic

shyte! with sheer stupidity in misreading gba's post and ignorance for not double checking what i was buying, i purchased a set from newegg thinking it was a 4gb set.

well i'm happy to report i got the package delivered today, and only then did i realize this is a 2gb set.

i've never really returned anything from newegg. i read they have a 15% restocking fee. does this apply to everything or only non-opened items?

I've returned a few Brand New items that were unopened & haven't ever been charged a restocking fee...Just be sure to tell them the product hasn't been opened yet & it shouldn't be a problem...