DDR for the computer

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
I saw that DDR thread, and someone asked if it was available for computer, so I figured some more people might like it if it was available, so here's some stuff.

First and foremost, if you're a lazy cow, you can go to Flash Flash Revolution and DDR with your fingers, but if you'd actually like to dance with your computer (loser), various simulators are available.

First and foremost is StepMania, an open-source DDR program, which supports the user adding new songs to the software repertoire via "song files" (as do most others).

There is also Dance with Intensity, which isn't as popular as StepMania, but works just as well.

To attach a (playstation) DDR pad to your computer, the easiest way is to buy a Playstation to USB adapter such as the ones on this list.

For more resources and such, the FlashFlashRevolution Simulators forum is good (there is also a main forum).

Cheers.

spunkz

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2003
i prefer dwi over stepmania, but i probably still have old versions of both.

for a pad i would suggest from BuyNShop

The Ultra Dx-Xtreme is an awesome mid-range pad like the ignition, great for people who dont want to shell out the cash for a metal one but want something sturdy and reliable

KnickNut3

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2001
Was thinking to post this in the other thread. Nice. Both DWI and Stepmania are good, but as of about 8 months ago (when I stopped), Stepmania had overtaken DWI by a decent margin. I should try that again...

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
I used to prefer DWI to Stepmania, but SM started rolling out a whole lot of features that swayed me. Now, I just like the feel of the program better.

I wish I could still find the Boom USB converter. That's my favorite.