DC Vault

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Hmmmm. 1st, good to see you brother! 2nd, since they have long since cracked the codes they set out to crack, and have not been transparent about it (home page still says they're trying to crack the uboat msgs), I say they are a waste of resources, dump 'em! :)

Enigma@Home is a wrapper between BOINC and Stefan Krah's M4 Project. 'The M4 Project is an effort to break 3 original Enigma messages with the help of distributed computing. The signals were intercepted in the North Atlantic in 1942 and are believed to be unbroken.' [read more] You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
  • The string you entered for the image verification did not match what was displayed.
  • The administrator has banned your email address. To contact the administrator click here

I tired tried registering. There were no image(s)

Last edited:

emoga

May 13, 2018
Since there are no FB challenges happening any time soon and I'm bored to death, I think I'll try and raise our standings in DC Vault.

Looks like SRBase and GIMPS is in need of some attention. I'll park myself there for a while.

If anyone else is bored and wants to help with DC Vault we are also weak in:

Physical Science Projects:
-Asteroids
-Cosmology
-Universe

Biological And Medical Science Projects:
-TN-Grid
-GPUGRID

Math Projects:
-Rakesearch
-SRBase

Basically all of them really :p

Miscellaneous Projects:
-YAFU
-yoyo

Reactions: TennesseeTony

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I am currently running
Einstein@home
TN-Grid
SRBase
QaChemPedIA
Spread kinda thin for what I have but will let things run there for a while.

First project is Primegrid for a quick one day shot.

Reactions: emoga and biodoc

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I'm running
QaChemPedIA on all CPU threads (FB marathon but not DC Vault i guess)
GPUGrid on GPUs (FB marathon & DC vault)

Reactions: emoga

emoga

May 13, 2018
I started crunching QaChemPedIA as well. Seems like a cool project.

Running SRBase with GIMPS seems to slow the gpu down quite a bit...almost 30% on my comp :confused_old: (win 10)

I might have to ditch GIMPS and focus on GPUGrid/Amicable Numbers instead.

Reactions: biodoc

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I tried the new Amicable numbers GPU app on linux the other day and it used all the system RAM and started trashing the swap file. I wonder if the app has a memory leak. Has anyone else seen this?

Last edited:

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I tried the new Amicable numbers GPU app on linux the other day and it used all the system RAM and started trashing the swap file. I wonder if the app has a memory leak. Has anyone else seen this?

I checked the forum and each GPU task requires 8 GB of system RAM! I had 2 tasks running (one for each turing GPU) and 16 GB of system RAM (3700X). I also had quantum chem tasks running on 14 threads so that explains why the system was using the swap file.

"Because GPU version has to store all prime numbers < 1011 and it can't use compact bit array as CPU version does."

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
There doesn't seem to be much updating of projects here. The only ones I ever see updated are F@H and WCG. I know that Einstein has moved up four spots and SRBase two. Would be nice to see everything updated at least daily. :(