DC Universe Online Trailer

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
trailer was pure awesome

release date is Nov 2, 2010 according to wikipedia

was I living under a rock? I haven't read anything about this game until today. didn't seem to get much hype for being a MMORPG.

Judgement

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Registered for the beta,

If its not a CoH re-hash it might be okay; def don't see myself buying a game with so little info on its own website only a few months out from its release

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
Hopefully they have enough content. Champions online, Star Trek Online and a few other new MMOs have been very light on the content. many blew threw STO in a week....

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
That was pretty rad. I threw my name in for the beta, but I'm sure Sunny will be the one to get a key around here. :p

KT

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
So... is this a movie or something?

Sadly not. A movie would be awesome, a SOE MMO that plays nothing like the trailer will be much less so.

JL: Crisis on Two Earths was a decent cartoon and is on Netflix streaming, watch that and dream of what might have been :(

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Sadly not. A movie would be awesome, a SOE MMO that plays nothing like the trailer will be much less so.

JL: Crisis on Two Earths was a decent cartoon and is on Netflix streaming, watch that and dream of what might have been :(

Yeah, I suspect the trailer doesn't have anything to do with actual gameplay. I kinda doubt anyone will be able to play as Batman.

But I wouldn't mind seeing a movie based on it.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Trailer is good but the game is pretty expensive:

$50 PC client ($60 PS3)
$15/mo
Microtransaction fees

Too pricey for my blood.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Why can't they just make movies like that instead and screw plans for ultimately-disappointing MMOs is beyond me, I also think the same thing for The Old Republic, I just don't buy MMOs, but damn I would certainly buy each and every single movies if they were like that, they might even make more money that way, no servers to maintain, just movies to make, release and profit... meh, am I kidding.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
At least with KotOR you aren't a second-class hero living in Batman's world and maybe helping fight minions # 7 - 12 while he takes on The Joker.

Bioware is claiming KotOR will include several games' worth of regular-RPG style solo play, if true I'll be buying it for that.

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
Why can't they just make movies like that instead and screw plans for ultimately-disappointing MMOs is beyond me, I also think the same thing for The Old Republic, I just don't buy MMOs, but damn I would certainly buy each and every single movies if they were like that, they might even make more money that way, no servers to maintain, just movies to make, release and profit... meh, am I kidding.

The video game industry pulls in lots more moolah than Hollywood does now. That's the reason. It's also the reason that more crap games come out, as the Business and Hollywood suits come to the industry, seeking their carrion.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
This is killer.. i too wish there were more movies made like this because i don't have the time or money to play the game. i hope it's great though!