Daylight Savings Time and Servers

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
My boss has told me that last year some of the servers didnt adjust correctly to the time change. Does anyone know how I can go around (or mstsc) into the systems and make sure they're configured correctly for this?

This concerns WinXP, Win2000, and Win2k3.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
There should just be a checkbox in the Date/Tiem settings that says: "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time". If that's checked it should go. I've never had one not....

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
configur the main server and add a line to your startup script for each user that goes:
net time \\server_name /set /yes

Smilin

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Drakkon
configur the main server and add a line to your startup script for each user that goes:
net time \\server_name /set /yes

Gotta get that timezone right first otherwise this just very efficiently sets the clock wrong.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior
There should just be a checkbox in the Date/Tiem settings that says: "Automatically adjust for daylight savings time". If that's checked it should go. I've never had one not....

This sounds like the easiest option. I actually knew of this, but I was wondering if there was another option somewhere.

Armitage

Banned
Feb 23, 2001
Originally posted by: stuntman242
google ntp. Get ntp setup correctly and you never have to worry about setting the time again.

AFAIK, NTP only gets you set up for GMT time - time zones & daylight savings time has to be set some other way.