Day Z is it worth it in 2021

Feb 4, 2009
Thinking of picking up Day Z to play on a home server with some friends.
I am not concerned about internet bandwidth or how it will run on my machine. I am interested in over the years I’ve heard it is pretty buggy and not complete.
What I am looking for is a break from 7D2D and a similar type game where there is some building, lots of zombies or AI enemies, sort of challenging and can be played on a home run server that excludes the random riff raft.
Thoughts?

If something else is suggested bonus points if it runs on a Mac, I know Day Z doesn’t.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Valhiem ... not zombies... but has big mega bosses.
Night of the Dead - is more like zombie turret defense.
Survive the Night - ugh very buggy tho...

Oct 9, 1999
yes, still worth it. it's came a LONG ways since even 2 years ago.

dayz has its cons but man it's such an immersive game. you won't be disappointed.

i play a lot of lone wolf dayz style but it's also fun running into a friendly and going on the hunt together for more loot.

please try it out!

Feb 4, 2009
yes, still worth it. it's came a LONG ways since even 2 years ago.

dayz has its cons but man it's such an immersive game. you won't be disappointed.

i play a lot of lone wolf dayz style but it's also fun running into a friendly and going on the hunt together for more loot.

please try it out!

Not on sale now however I will keep it in mind if I see it again.
Friend was really turned off by the pvp & dead is dead aspects.

Oct 9, 1999
Not on sale now however I will keep it in mind if I see it again.
Friend was really turned off by the pvp & dead is dead aspects.

i understand... but tell friend it's not that hard to loot back up, especially depending the server you choose to play on. there are tons of no-pvp servers, or servers with safe zones etc. so many ways to play it. such an immersive game too.

i hope you guys get a chance to try it. playing with a friend increases the fun 10x.

Feb 4, 2009
i understand... but tell friend it's not that hard to loot back up, especially depending the server you choose to play on. there are tons of no-pvp servers, or servers with safe zones etc. so many ways to play it. such an immersive game too.

i hope you guys get a chance to try it. playing with a friend increases the fun 10x.

Yeah I have several friends I could play with we like that type of game.
Going to wait for Halloween sale and see what happens.
Final (I think) question. Are there skills or it it all loot based or there are skills but they don’t matter that much if you die.
Thanks

Oct 9, 1999
no skills.... maybe on modded servers.

when you die, you're dead. i really think you'll like the game. it's not as hard or end game as you think it is when you die.

10 years ago, i wouldn't suggest the game, it's came a LONG ways.

Reactions: Fanatical Meat