Day of the Tentacle remaster coming March 22

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
I'll be snagging this! The kids will love it as much as I did back in the day! :D

Like the classic WB cartoons that inspired DOTT, it stands the test of time!

maxresdefault.jpg

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
0Mjr4Fa.gif

:biggrin:

I wonder if a Japanese person would be offended if I told him/her that I always associate the word tentacle with Japan. I mean, hey, they asked for it.

As for the game itself, I never played it but I might look into it whenever the remaster is done.

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
It's actually included in Day of the Tentacle.
Yup. Just like the original, MM is a game within the game (
select Bernard, go to Weird Ed's room (the one with the hamster) then use the computer. MM will start
). As for the awesomeness of DOTT, I've still got the original installed via ScummVM alongside Sam & Max Hit The Road. They're some of the very few games I have installed continuously for 23 years that will remain installed for the next 23 as well. Only 1990's LucasArts games came with those special moments such as "send fake barf to Laverne then use hamster on microwave", etc. :D Happy memories.

Last edited:

PrincessFrosty

Platinum Member
Feb 13, 2008
www.frostyhacks.blogspot.com
DOTT is an amazing game and I'll pick up the remastered version for sure. A classic example of why old games which were built by gamers for gamers are extremely good, vs most modern mainstream games are just rubbish.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
you really need a couple of friends by your side when you play these; there is just no way one lone person can crack the crazy logic needed to figure out most of the puzzles.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I had the original, back in the 386DX-40 days, with DOS and HIMEM.SYS and EMM.SYS, and a nice SoundBlaster 16 ISA card. I had the CD-ROM edition of the game, it had voice acting, IIRC. It was great!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
you really need a couple of friends by your side when you play these; there is just no way one lone person can crack the crazy logic needed to figure out most of the puzzles.

One of the not many games I finished - played alone. Don't remember looking things up.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Loved this game but I didn't finish it by myself. It was pretty funny as I recall but I forgot a lot about it, so I am looking forward to playing the remaster. I never played Maniac Mansion either.