David Frum lets the cat out of the GOP bag and gets fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The first hammer to fall was an article he penned discussed in another thread on how health care reform will actualy be the GOPs waterloo.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2060702&highlight=frum

Now the final hammer, Dave admitted something many of us here knew for a long time, Fox News, Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity call the shots in the GOP. Lawmakers are too frightened to stand up to these clowns. The most distrubing thing for me is Frum says members of the GOP actually thought Fox News worked for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-q8cKvLfTw

Well I guess we can't have all that truth telling thingy stuff goin' on here so the American Enterprise Institute (conservatitive think tank) fired Dave this afternoon.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
not really...

look how well the candidates endorsed by Limbaugh and Hannity did in the republican primaries when normal people actually came out to vote.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
If David Frum truly did get fired, we now see how the big tent party handles freedom of of independent thought within its midst.

Since the GOP is no longer allowed to burn dissenters at the stake, they must content themselves with firing them for daring to show any intellectual honesty.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
He is one guy with one opinion. But you're a "progressive" who likes his opinion, thus makes his opinion the definitive truth, right?

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
If David Frum truly did get fired, we now see how the big tent party handles freedom of of independent thought within its midst.

They couldn't afford to install bathroom stalls within this big tent. The economy is on the down these days, man.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Frum's message runs counter to GOP leadership's intent- radicalize their base, whip 'em into a frenzy, demoralize progressives for the midterms, try to win back a few seats.

That's really what they're doing, but that's not something they can say openly... except that Frum did, and he can't do that and survive...

Frum's right about a lot of things, and wrong about the nature of modern conservative leadership. He wants something that works, they just want something that sells, that'll put them back in the saddle to continue the looting... As a self styled conservative, he'll continue having difficulty seeing that...

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hopefully the Propaganda machine crumbles. Bad things happen when People are guided by such things.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I subscribe to a far right wing investment newspaper (Investment Business Daily) where Frume was one of the very few non-lockstep voices. Oh well my subscription is expiring soon and won't be renewed-I'm sick of them injecting their political viewpoint throughout the paper, not just on the editorial pages.

The party that blackballs so-called "RHINOS" (Republican in name only) tolerates NO dissent at all. It's a totalitarian organization which is truely ironic given that individual liberty is one of their cornerstone talking points.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Frum's message runs counter to GOP leadership's intent- radicalize their base, whip 'em into a frenzy, demoralize progressives for the midterms, try to win back a few seats.

That's really what they're doing, but that's not something they can say openly... except that Frum did, and he can't do that and survive...

Frum's right about a lot of things, and wrong about the nature of modern conservative leadership. He wants something that works, they just want something that sells, that'll put them back in the saddle to continue the looting... As a self styled conservative, he'll continue having difficulty seeing that...
Frum said that the current Republican strategy was a failure in the long term.

:D

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Proving that the universe has a sense of humor. The same jackass who pimped the Republican line, including the Bushwhacko's war of lies, torture and domestic surveillance finally smells the coffee... albeit a bit late for any sentient human being. His statement on Nightline is classic:

"Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox. And this balance here has been completely reversed. The thing that sustains a strong Fox network is the thing that undermines a strong Republican party."

NOW, he figures out! :rolleyes:

The possible puns are too numerous...

Terminated Frum extreme prejudice.

Now, he'll be known as David Frum hunger.

Frum -- Here to absurdity.

Where's that animated laughing icon when I need it? :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Danube

Banned
Dec 10, 2009
Frum's a Bush RINO. Any day I expect him to come out of the closet and go work at Media Matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.