Dave Mustaine Stage Played and Signed Guitar

KimGerstacker

Dec 14, 2018
I have a Jackson King V double-neck guitar stage played by Dave Mustaine while performing with Megadeth on the band's 2002 Risk Tour and signed at the bottom in black marker. The guitar has a Korina wood body, Seymour Duncan pickups and a plaque on the back that reads "Sonny Fitzgerald DM103194". Accompanied by a hardshell case. Just had it restringed by a professional. Where do you think the best place would be to sell this. It is a 1 of 1. Thank you.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm curious why you're asking this on a tech forum. Not that it's a problem but if I was looking to sell some rock memorabilia I'm not sure I'd search for a tech forum for advice.

KimGerstacker

Dec 14, 2018
I'm sure you are right - I just thought someone would know a good place to sell high end guitars off hand. Sorry - k.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'm sure you are right - I just thought someone would know a good place to sell high end guitars off hand. Sorry - k.
Not a problem and someone might well know, I'd guess that there are better places to ask though!

I think that a member here was into guitars. Fritzo maybe?

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
We can attempt to summon Fritzo using forum magic and see if he knows.

@Fritzo You know your guitars?

**POOF**

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED....STATE YOUR DESIRE

The Jackson King V double-neck is both expensive as hell and rare as hell. It had to be special ordered from Jackson as it wasn't part of their stock catalog. If it's a custom one-of-a-kind model even better.

Reverb.com is the best place to sell gear like that- it's like an instrument-focused eBay, so you'll be presenting to the right crowd. If you can get any kind of documentation supporting your claim of Dave Mustainte playing it- photos, video footage, certificates, letters, signatures...it will increase the value significantly.

The downside is it's an oddball item- doublenecks are cool to look at but not very practical to play, and the fact this is a V-shaped doubleneck compounds the problem. This may limit the buying crowd.

Offhand, without seeing it and assuming you have proof of your claims, you could be looking at $10000-$15000 at auction. The history could up the price another few thousand for the right buyer. Another option you may want to consider is contacting Norman's Rare Guitars and see if they may be interested in giving you an offer on it. Norm sells high-end guitars to all the guitar heros and may know exactly what he's looking at. Norm also has a Reverb channel: https://reverb.com/shop/normans-rare-guitars

Keep up updated and good luck!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Yeah, I finally played a double-neck for the first time earlier this year. I can't see owning one unless I actually had a very specific reason to do so.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Ha! Cheers there mate. I feel less of a dick for treating the OP like a spammer to start with now!

Sorry OP!
It doesn't seem terribly likely that they'll be back, FWIW. Just used us and tossed us away like a sullied tissue :cry:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
337619.jpg

KimGerstacker

Dec 14, 2018
**POOF**

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED....STATE YOUR DESIRE

The Jackson King V double-neck is both expensive as hell and rare as hell. It had to be special ordered from Jackson as it wasn't part of their stock catalog. If it's a custom one-of-a-kind model even better.

Reverb.com is the best place to sell gear like that- it's like an instrument-focused eBay, so you'll be presenting to the right crowd. If you can get any kind of documentation supporting your claim of Dave Mustainte playing it- photos, video footage, certificates, letters, signatures...it will increase the value significantly.

The downside is it's an oddball item- doublenecks are cool to look at but not very practical to play, and the fact this is a V-shaped doubleneck compounds the problem. This may limit the buying crowd.

Offhand, without seeing it and assuming you have proof of your claims, you could be looking at $10000-$15000 at auction. The history could up the price another few thousand for the right buyer. Another option you may want to consider is contacting Norman's Rare Guitars and see if they may be interested in giving you an offer on it. Norm sells high-end guitars to all the guitar heros and may know exactly what he's looking at. Norm also has a Reverb channel: https://reverb.com/shop/normans-rare-guitars

Keep up updated and good luck!

Hi - Thanks so much for getting back with me - I did sell it on reverb - it took about 2 hours. I had all the letters of authenticity, etc. I received $15,200 for it. I really appreciate all your help - Happy Holidays - Kim

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Hi - Thanks so much for getting back with me - I did sell it on reverb - it took about 2 hours. I had all the letters of authenticity, etc. I received $15,200 for it. I really appreciate all your help - Happy Holidays - Kim

That's fantastic!

Now, about my 10% fee... :p

Reactions: JEDIYoda