Dave Mirra dead

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
Wow, that name brings me way back. I was never a 'biker', but I did do a hell of a lot of skateboarding in my rebel years. I was fortunate enough to make it to Woodward for one of their summer camp sessions which was a BLAST. The year that I was there, Dave Mirra's tour came through and I remember watching them on the downhill dirt jumps they had. These guys were so high in the air it was fucking incredible. Seeing it on TV was one thing, but real life was just amazing. I'll never forget seeing the giant tour buses pull in and like 15-20 guys running out the door with their bikes to the track. It was awesome. RIP Dave.....

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I grew up in the 90s and BMX bikes were huge with my group of friends.
Dyno, Redline, GT, Diamondback, etc.
He was all the rage in the 90s.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
I grew up in the 90s and BMX bikes were huge with my group of friends.
Dyno, Redline, GT, Diamondback, etc.
He was all the rage in the 90s.

Same. Remember Dyno's were the heavier versions of GT's.

I had a Free Agent Vortex.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I wasn't a huge "biker" or "boarder" or whatever, but definitely remember him from the X-games in the 90's.

Kneedragger

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2013
Damn wtf! Having lost a close friend to suicide a while ago I always wonder what pushed people to actually go through with it. Sad day..

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
It perplexes me how shit goes in their mind, when they seem to have so much to live for. I know that suicide is rarely a so-called "rash" decision. The truth is that a lot of people have already decided to end it long before they actually do, but then hang around awhile longer so that they can tend to relationships, give friends and family some positive 'most-recent' memories to leave them with, which usually ends-up just confusing them even more (i.e. I can't believe he did this, the past few weeks he seemed to be so upbeat, he even came over just to say hello or help me do this or that). This is sometimes their way of saying goodbye and hope you don't hate them too much for it.

Suicide just....stinks. There are sometimes reasons which I can understand. A classmate of mine killed himself a few years ago but he had received dx of terminal cancer and was starting to feel some of the changes in his body due to it. He didn't tell anyone except a couple people (about his diagnosis, not his intent to suicide).

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Damn. we grew up in the same hometown and within the same couple of years, more or less. Of course BMX was huge round those parts.