DATABASE is corrupted --- cannot allocate space

WilfridStafford

Sep 8, 2015
HI:
I had a archived copy of my email on the local system. Due to some problem my C: drive of the system got corrupted and i had already taken one copy of my archive folder. After reinstalling the OS and Lotus Notes now i have kept the archive copy in the same folder DATA\Archive\batabasename. Now when i try to access the archive it gives message a " DATABASE is corrupted --- cannot allocate space""
I tried to move the archived copy of the DB to server and applied following commands but non of them worked..
Load compact databasename -c
Load updall databasename -c
Fixup
I have Lotus version 7
Any idea?
Thanks!

imagoon

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
You also can't just load a Notes client database on a Domino server and run those commands. You need to use the Notes local versions as the database versions, schema and ID will not match.

Run from a client local command line with the notes client closed:
fixup -f <database>
updall -R <database>
compact -c -d <database>
Have your notes ID file handy as it will need it and the password to work on the databases.

paul.tyler4

Sep 8, 2015
Try to repair this kind of file:
- put it on a server (if it is not already)
- add the line SKIP_FIXUP=1 in the notes.ini of the server (this prevents the consistency check of the database)
- restart the server
- run the command "load compact databasename -M" (this error often occurs with an old ODS version database limited to 1 Gb and this command extend the db to 4 Gb)
After that, you should open the database. Look at this reputable source also.
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/dominowiki.nsf/dx/Database_Corruption_Troubleshooting_Guide

imagoon

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Try to repair this kind of file:
- put it on a server (if it is not already)
- add the line SKIP_FIXUP=1 in the notes.ini of the server (this prevents the consistency check of the database)
- restart the server
- run the command "load compact databasename -M" (this error often occurs with an old ODS version database limited to 1 Gb and this command extend the db to 4 Gb)
After that, you should open the database. Look at this reputable source also.
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/dominowiki.nsf/dx/Database_Corruption_Troubleshooting_Guide

You don't need Domino to do these steps and it actually not recommended to put a local notes database directly on to a server without using the client.