Data from Clinton's calandar seems to be missing...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bdb2aa-39e0-11e6-af02-1df55f0c77ff_story.html

WASHINGTON — An Associated Press review of the official calendar Hillary Clinton kept as secretary of state identified at least 75 meetings with longtime political donors, Clinton Foundation contributors and corporate and other outside interests that were not recorded or omitted the names of those she met.

A suspicious person might think her people are hiding her ties to Corporate America from progressive Democrats favoring Sanders or it's simply a matter of comparing more or less accurate records. I wonder what the truth is.

Just how much can you swallow?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Not a shocker really, if you were looking for corruption you already knew who the chief proponent was.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Anyone that watches VEEP knows over half of the meetings are secret :)

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Out of all the things I think Hillary was/is complicit in, this was pretty low on the radar.

So many things happened in Arkansas that helped the Clintons, it was amazing. One or two or three things weren't a big deal, but there was a lot. Decades old now, and tinfoil hat time, I know, but so many coincidences...

My favorite Hillary joke: she and bill were out for a Sunday afternoon drive, they stop at a little gas station, the attendant is shocked it's Hillary, as they used to date. Bill is territorial, even though she's not an ideal spouse, and says, "See Hillary, if you'd have married him, you wouldn't be married to the president of the United States." Hillary responded, "No, I'd still be married to the president..."

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
My favorite Hillary joke: she and bill were out for a Sunday afternoon drive, they stop at a little gas station, the attendant is shocked it's Hillary, as they used to date. Bill is territorial, even though she's not an ideal spouse, and says, "See Hillary, if you'd have married him, you wouldn't be married to the president of the United States." Hillary responded, "No, I'd still be married to the president..."

Nice

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015

True story... My cousin used to work for the State Dept and then was the spouse of someone attached to the State Dept for decades, recently retired and make what you want of what the guy really did, they've lived all over the world, all of their working lives.

Anyway, my cousin has always been a social climber and has hung out with Hillary many times, seems Hillary would take every opportunity to get out of the states while Bill was president at every opportunity, and it was never reported. I wasn't surprised at all by her appointment to SOS.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Have you pondered how we might have become so jaded?

Because the American people have deluded themselves into believing there are only two choices, and her voters despise the other choice more. I mean, what's some political favors when compared to evil incarnate?

I think she could be standing red handed next to a body and still rank higher to her team than the opponent.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...bdb2aa-39e0-11e6-af02-1df55f0c77ff_story.html

WASHINGTON — An Associated Press review of the official calendar Hillary Clinton kept as secretary of state identified at least 75 meetings with longtime political donors, Clinton Foundation contributors and corporate and other outside interests that were not recorded or omitted the names of those she met.

A suspicious person might think her people are hiding her ties to Corporate America from progressive Democrats favoring Sanders or it's simply a matter of comparing more or less accurate records. I wonder what the truth is.

Looks like she was planning and executing her next run for the presidency the morning after Obama swiped it right out from under her.

I sure would like to know what her core motivation is for being willing to become what she is.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

How much conspiracy theory? Not enough to think that the discrepancies amount to a warm puddle of piss.

Well, unless she was meeting with the Bilderbergers or the Lizard people to discuss chemtrails & plan Jade Helm, an obvious attempt to poison America's precious bodily fluids with bioweapons from Benghazi. That would be different, of course.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Because the American people have deluded themselves into believing there are only two choices, and her voters despise the other choice more. I mean, what's some political favors when compared to evil incarnate?

I think she could be standing red handed next to a body and still rank higher to her team than the opponent.

How is it a delusion there are only two choices?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Looks like she was planning and executing her next run for the presidency the morning after Obama swiped it right out from under her.

I sure would like to know what her core motivation is for being willing to become what she is.

Having the wifi to stomach whatever evil it takes to save us, no doubt.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
How much conspiracy theory? Not enough to think that the discrepancies amount to a warm puddle of piss.

Well, unless she was meeting with the Bilderbergers or the Lizard people to discuss chemtrails & plan Jade Helm, an obvious attempt to poison America's precious bodily fluids with bioweapons from Benghazi. That would be different, of course.

So true, especially when the alternative was that commie Sanders whom Trump would have slaughtered.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

It must have went over my head, it makes no sense to me.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I'm just curious, on a scale of 1-10 how outraged should I be?

How does this compare to other SoS? Did previous SoS turn over their schedules as well? And how accurate were those? Basically I want to know if this scrutiny is new or if this is simply what making sausage looks like.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Because they swear at each other and have sex apparently.

You see what I mean.....people have become indifferent to shame. We get what we deserve, graft and corruption driven by the apathy and indifference of the voting public.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
How is it a delusion there are only two choices?
Either you've never paid attention to the ballot in November, or your state officials have some explaining to do.
Here in Alabama I've voted Libertarian more than once.

People delude themselves into "lesser evil" voting, because they either hate the other guy so badly (Muslim Obama, Racist Trump) they don't care what it takes to stop them... or they desperately want to feel like a winner, and can't imagine voting for someone who "never had a chance".

In the delusion of not "throwing their vote away", many people do exactly that and stick with the establishment. Against any meaningful change. All the while... the only thing between a third party and the Presidency is their vote.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Either you've never paid attention to the ballot in November, or your state officials have some explaining to do.
Here in Alabama I've voted Libertarian more than once.

People delude themselves into "lesser evil" voting, because they either hate the other guy so badly (Muslim Obama, Racist Trump) they don't care what it takes to stop them... or they desperately want to feel like a winner, and can't imagine voting for someone who "never had a chance".

In the delusion of not "throwing their vote away", many people do exactly that and stick with the establishment. Against any meaningful change. All the while... the only thing between a third party and the Presidency is their vote.

Just think, less than a handful of elections ago, the election was, in part, determined by a few dozen people deciding to vote Libertarian in Florida. How different would the world be today if they had decided the lesser of two evils was Gore?

Reality: our system of government pretty much means there are always going to be two major parties, not three. That's the way it works.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
You see what I mean.....people have become indifferent to shame. We get what we deserve, graft and corruption driven by the apathy and indifference of the voting public.

Oh I think its bad to not have 100% accountability on the docket. But when I'm looking at the choices I have in front of me, I have to prioritize my energy. Hillary is likely going to be the choice for me, which is sad. I'd not imagined that I'd vote for Hillary ever.

IMO we had our time with a decent president, Obama. I also truly think George W was a decent man at his heart, but wasn't a good leader. I think Hillary will do whatever it takes to get to office and then pad the pockets of her friends, but to me that is better than having Trump. Known bad is better than unknown bad IMO. Neither are ideal.

TheGardener

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2014
Has anyone noticed that Moonbeam is suddenly more lucid? Did someone hack his account?

Have you pondered how we might have become so jaded?
Anyway I'll bite. The reason that we are so jaded, is that our cultural and educational standards have been slipping over decades. Much of it intentional. As this has been occurring and the stakes have been steadily rising, politicians have become more brazen. They protect one anothers backs and don't think that it is a problem to commit illegal and unethical acts. Many are quite open about, as there seems to be little or no consequence. We've hit a new low with Clinton, with Obama protecting her back as she runs for president. This didn't happen with Nixon. And his misdeeds were a fraction of what Clinton has done. It's a very bad sign of where we are heading.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Why are they secret?

Have you considered that there might be a difference between "secret" & poorly documented?

How many meetings do you think she attended in 4 years? More than 1000, I'm sure, but these 60 or so are a really big deal because.... Because Hillary, of course.

And, uhh, since when does being SoS mean that every detail of your life has to be public, right down to freedom of association & the right to some privacy in that?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The Jerry Springer Syndrome has(ve) affected/infected more people than any of them would let on, especially when it comes to such a highly emotionally charged topic that politics is.

The entertainment value of an election (not unlike an WWF champeensheeup match) seems to have superseded the need for, and I know this is a contradiction in terms, an honest, dedicated for-the-people politician.