Darn, I just blew my power supply

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
It was a nice one too (Antec 420W).

I know better than routing around inside my computer with the power on, but I was lazy. Shame on me.

It hasn't been a good day today. I blew a tire on the expressway this afternoon going to BB to get get my "free" mouse and keyboard.

Oops, I meant 430W.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Riprorin

I know better than routing around inside my computer with the power on, but I was lazy. Shame on me.

It hasn't been a good day today. I blew a tire on the expressway this afternoon going to BB to get get my "free" mouse and keyboard.

Oops, I meant 430W.

The hurrier you go, the behinder you get.

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
check the fuse inside the PS...might just have blown that... 50cent fix

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Dumb, question but where can I get a fuse? Will local computer stores have them or will I have to go through Antec or a distributor?

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Oops, I meant 430W.

Did it smoke( a cigarette) after you were done?

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I did the same thing myself, but it just took a few minutes for the PS to reset itself.

But, it was a few tense moments not knowing if I had done anything to any other component. DUH!

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
rat shack will prob have it...either that or stick a paperclip in it :)

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
sometimes if you wait a while it'll work again...

I did this to a compaq I was playing around with... moved some things inside, saw a spark, and bam...I was paranoid thinking I blew it, but it ended up working like 6 hours later...

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
Originally posted by: Paulson
sometimes if you wait a while it'll work again...

I did this to a compaq I was playing around with... moved some things inside, saw a spark, and bam...I was paranoid thinking I blew it, but it ended up working like 6 hours later...

Same situation.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: etech

Oops, I meant 430W.

Did it smoke( a cigarette) after you were done?

Hehe :D

Riprorin, you should be able to get the replacement fuse at you local auto-parts store, just take it w/ you as the ratings are written on it, hope this helps :)

d33pt

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2001
no it's a glass tube fuse for AC power...not the blade automotive fuse.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: d33pt

d33pt, my local auto parts store does stock the glass tube type, they're used in multi-meters as well as inline in car audio. Am I completely mistaken :confused:

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Wow, I just tried the PS supply again and it's working!

I shouldn't complain, but I loaded all my stuff into a new box and now I have to do it all over again.

Oh, well.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: Zim Hosein
Originally posted by: d33pt

d33pt, my local auto parts store does stock the glass tube type, they're used in multi-meters as well as inline in car audio. Am I completely mistaken :confused:

No you're not. That's right, auto parts store or Radio Hut.