Question Dark Mode Office 365 web vs. client

topslop1

May 8, 2004
Web based Office 365 gives a great, true dark mode.

The client version will not apply the dark mode / black mode to the email preview.

Any fix for the client version? Love the dark mode of the web client but don't like the clunkiness of it.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Where? I don't see that option in my Outlook client either... email backgrounds are always white/default; the rest of the program window inherits the dark/black theme.

Rest of the suite works the same way in that default backgrounds for new Word docs and/or Excel sheets are the default white color, unless manually changed. That, iirc, is not inherited by any theme settings.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Where? I don't see that option in my Outlook client either... email backgrounds are always white/default; the rest of the program window inherits the dark/black theme.

Rest of the suite works the same way in that default backgrounds for new Word docs and/or Excel sheets are the default white color, unless manually changed. That, iirc, is not inherited by any theme settings.

It only shows when you use the black theme. I don't use it personally, when I switch to Black theme in outlook the button appears. I am on version 1912. With the way they update Office 365 it is entirely possible you are on a build without that feature. /shrug

topslop1

May 8, 2004

On Officer 365 the preview window is black .. it's awesome. I want that for the client, but it will not do that :(