DAREDEVIL MOVIE (minor spoilers) REVEALED!!

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Cinescape

The first official image of Ben Affleck in his full DAREDEVIL regalia is now out. USA TODAY posted the image straight from Twentieth Century Fox, and now it?s here for you. Let the chattering begin.

USA Today
As Spider-Man continues to spin a web of gold at the box office, Ben Affleck has stepped into the costume of the next Manhattan-based Marvel Comics superhero to hit the big screen: Daredevil, the man who can neither see nor fear.

"The struggle with the costume is staying faithful to the comic and at the same time not making it look ridiculous," says director Mark Steven Johnson, now shooting the film for 2003 release. "We knew we weren't going to do red tights." The filmmakers went with a sculpted leather bodysuit hybrid, combining a partially form-fitting costume (like Spider-Man) with the molded look of Batman.

And fans will be taking notes.

"Daredevil is not as well known as Spider-Man, but his fans are devout," Johnson says. Created by Stan Lee and Bill Everett, the character was reworked by Frank Miller in the 1980s and more recently by Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back creator Kevin Smith. "He has always been my favorite superhero since I was a kid," Johnson says. "He was literally the one I would go wait for at the drugstore in Hastings, Minn., when they would get the shipments in."

Daredevil's daytime alter ego is lawyer Matt Murdock, who becomes a vigilante by night. Though he lacks sight, his other senses are hyper-acute. "He'll know if you have a gun in your pocket because he can smell the gunpowder," Johnson says. "He knows if you're lying because he hears your heartbeat. And while Spider-Man is more of a wish fulfillment ? gee, what would it be like to be a superhero? ? ours is more about the repercussions. Unlike Batman, Daredevil doesn't go back to his Batcave. He goes back to his apartment in Hell's Kitchen and pops pain pills."

Daredevil will battle two villains in the movie: wealthy businessman and mob godfather Kingpin (The Green Mile's Michael Clarke Duncan) and the assassin Bullseye (Colin Farrell of Hart's War), whose deadly, forceful aim turns pencils, paper clips and anything he can get his hands on into fatal weapons.

And he also will have to dodge Elektra (Alias' Jennifer Garner), another vigilante who tries to kill Daredevil by night but dates Matt Murdock by day.

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Was posted last night.

Does anyone remember a Daredevil TV movie made a few years back? Even that was good. This should be awesome! It's about time they made some good comics movies.

Pundit

Feb 28, 2002
Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin... interesting to say the least. I would've liked to see Ben Affleck as Peter Parker.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Pundit
Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin... interesting to say the least. I would've liked to see Ben Affleck as Peter Parker.

Ben Affleck is too old to play that part. I don't think he can pull off being in high school anymore. :)

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin... interesting to say the least.

Doesn't make sense tho... Kingpin is a big fat white guy.... Michael Clarke Duncan is anything but!!

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: guyver01

Doesn't make sense tho... Kingpin is a big fat white guy.... Michael Clarke Duncan is anything but!!

Yeah... reallllly big and realllly strong.... he can kill with a punch... It'll be interesting to see how they translate the character...
God I really gotta go see spidey.....

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000

huh? The only difference is he's black. He's definitely one big mofo. :)

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
KINGPIN
MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN

tell me.. do they look alike?

And this one looks like this one.
rolleye.gif

Blayze

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
MCD as Kingpin will be kinda wierd, but who else could they have picked. Kingpin is huge

I still dont know what to say about Ben Affleck as Daredevil.

Swag1138

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2000
ben affleck is gonna rock as daredevil, I dont care what anyone says.

aside from Ben Affleck being a good actor, HES A FAN OF DAREDEVIL! This is essential to playing a good comic character :) Can you imagine if Tobey Macguire didnt like spider-man? Would he have been a good peter parker? I think not! Ben Affleck, and Kevin Smith are NOTED Daredevil fans, so I think that Ben will give his all to the part.

MCD as Kingpin though? Dont know if I like that. I hope he does well, but Ill say that if he doesnt, and they couldnt find anyone else to play the part, then Kingpin might have been wisely left out of the movie......