Dang SVCompucycle, slow everything and bad info...

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003
I ordered a fan and fancontroller on Sunday and it's not here yet! :( On their website all they show is "order confirmed" for status. NewEgg is way faster then this...

ARGGH.

-Por

Spikey217

Golden Member
May 4, 2002
They take a couple of days to process you order and ship it out. Yeah, it's a little on the slow side compared to other dealers but their prices are good.

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Sifl
SVC sucks for real time inventory, they always say they have stuff they don't.

ARGH. Their phone is down too. :( Now I'll spend the additional $5 at the Egg since I know I can realy upon them.

-Por

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
I was going to put in some orders from SVC... but their site is so damn slow. I ended up taking my business elsewhere and pay the few extra bucks.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Bah. They're a reputable company. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them for one minute.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
They are good, but if they offer free shipping, they will be that damn good.

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
/*joke
Your profile says you are from Federated States of Micronesia. You expecting to travel your island that quickly?
end joke*/

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: brtspears2
/*joke
Your profile says you are from Federated States of Micronesia. You expecting to travel your island that quickly?
end joke*/

Well in all seriousness NewEgg gets packages here in a month. :p

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I've had nothing but good service from SVC. In fact, one time I ordered from them, and then they put an item that I had ordered on sale after it had already been shipped to me (but before delivery), I called them and they credited me the difference for the sales price. They are awesome.

Perhaps you should have called them about your order before slamming them publicly here?
rolleye.gif

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
i ordered a fan and heatsink from svc, i had a good experience.
sucks, i hate waiting for stuff, especially over the weekend.

Papagayo

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2003
Originally posted by: gistech1978
i ordered a fan and heatsink from svc, i had a good experience.
sucks, i hate waiting for stuff, especially over the weekend.

Ditto for me also..

bcterps

Platinum Member
Aug 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Vic
I've had nothing but good service from SVC. In fact, one time I ordered from them, and then they put an item that I had ordered on sale after it had already been shipped to me (but before delivery), I called them and they credited me the difference for the sales price. They are awesome. Perhaps you should have called them about your order before slamming them publicly here?
rolleye.gif

Perhaps you should read the thread fully, he tried to call.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
I'm expecting a UPS guy at my door today...

I placed my order for some items that were in stock on the Thursday the 12th.. with 3 day shipping (because it was only $1.40 something more). They emailed me on Wednesday last week to say that there was an error in processing my card and to ensure that the funds were sufficient. My account has been at least $300 into the plus for a while now. I emailed them back saying that they should use the number to my card's CS dept. they asked me to provide. They emailed me Friday of last week saying my order is ready to be processed. Monday they email me saying that UPS has confirmed my package and scheduled delivery is Friday, February 27th.

Uhh, okay, first you need me to remind you that I gave you my bank's telephone number and to call them if there is a problem with my card (which they never gave me a reason for why there was a problem.) and then you ship with the wrong service but at the higher price? They better hope that these products are superb and that there is no problem, or they will lose a customer off of their first order.

squirtle24

Apr 17, 2001
In my last dealing with SVC, I ordered a fan/heatsink; there was no indication that the items were not in stock. So they billed me, and nothing else. A couple weeks later, I e-mailed them wondering what was going on, and they told me they were out of stock. So I waited another two weeks, and they were STILL out of stock.

Umm, okay then. After that, I cancelled the order and they gave me a refund. Good e-mail response time, I guess, but I would have preferred getting my order. :p Also, I don't think online stores should bill you until they ship, but oh well.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: benchiu
Perhaps you should read the thread fully, he tried to call.
Hmm... their phone IS down. I didn't believe it, but no one answered. I wonder what's up with SVC? :Q

Good thing I don't have any outstanding orders with them :p

Mr N8

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
Email their CS. Usually they are willing to give you 15% off or free shipping. I've only had them delay over a week once, and they were more than willing to make it worth it to me. Usually I get their stuff within a week.

Buz2b

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2001
SVC is an ever expanding business. When I first started getting stuff from them I used to drive up to San Jose and do a pick up to save on shipping. Then they moved into a larger suite/warehouse in the same building. Now I hear that they have moved yet again to expand. The only problem I have had with them is they allow themselves to get a bit dissorganized, which translates into slower service than it should be. Seems like they have "updated " their website several times of the past couple of years too. However, I can also say that they have always been honest and friendly to me. They once shipped me 4 cables that were two device and I wanted single device. They not only shipped out the correct cables immediately, they also included a free shipping label for a UPS pickup for the incorrect product (this was after I moved to Oregon). That's doing business right! I have no problem doing business with them at all or recommending SVC to my friends. But yeah, they probably over-extend themselves a bit which can cause some delays. Not good when it's your product that is delayed. I agree with the post that mentioned emailing their customer service. I got excellent results doing so.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
svc screwed up on my order 3 times, and i will never order from them again.

i don't care if they have the best price. i want people who will tell me the truth.