Damon Wayans Drops N-Bomb @ The Laugh Factory, Faces $320 fine

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tfcmasta97

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2004
Originally posted by: mercanucaribe
Originally posted by: halik
Eh,
words are words. Call me beloved patriot and I'll laugh (the word is funny to me). Wayans made a joke that was funny, where as kkkramer just went off searching for something really offensive.

beloved patriot is not the same the N word at all. A better comparison would be "white trash" or to a lesser extend "redneck". And of course rednecks like Larry the Cable Guy CAN use those words in jokes.

I dont think any of those compare to the N word, if anything, those words compare to blackie, or something like that.

I also think there are two different definitions to the N word, and it depends on which race you are [two groups being: black, and other] I just see em as two different words.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: tfcmasta97
Originally posted by: halik
Eh,
words are words. Call me beloved patriot and I'll laugh (the word is funny to me). Wayans made a joke that was funny, where as kkkramer just went off searching for something really offensive.

beloved patriot is not the same the N word at all. A better comparison would be "white trash" or to a lesser extend "redneck". And of course rednecks like Larry the Cable Guy CAN use those words in jokes.

I dont think any of those compare to the N word, if anything, those words compare to blackie, or something like that.

I also think there are two different definitions to the N word, and it depends on which race you are [two groups being: black, and other] I just see em as two different words.

Go and find a poor, white, single mother and call her white trash. Her feelings will be just as hurt as if you did the equivalent to a black person.

Nov 3, 2004

Go and find a poor, white, single mother and call her white trash. Her feelings will be just as hurt as if you did the equivalent to a black person.

i don't think so

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
i hope this does not start happening in more places, i might get fined $40-60 bucks a week.

Mar 15, 2003
eH.. None of the Wayans are funny.. And it's not because they're n*ggers, they just aren't very talented anymore.

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4
http://www.tmz.com/2006/12/06/wayans-drops-n-bomb-faces-fallout/
Damon Wayans... use of the n-word, and was fined and banned from the club for three months.

After the Michael Richards incident on November 17, the club decided to ban use of the word and fine comedians $20 for every offense.

He owes me an apology! :D
Wasn't MR banned for life? And DW only gets 3 months? Have any minority groups demanded that blacks refrain from using that word?

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
Now comedians can't be offensive? That throws at least 50% of all comedy out the window!

Andyb23

Oct 27, 2006
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Damon Wayans became the first famous offender of the Laugh Factory's ban on the use of the n-word, and was fined and banned from the club for three months as a result, Wayans' publicist tells TMZ.

After the Michael Richards incident on November 17, the club decided to ban use of the word and fine comedians $20 for every offense. Wayans took the stage Sunday during a showcase of African-American comedians called "Chocolate Sundaes." Wayans opened his routine with the line, "Give yourselves a big round of applause for coming down and supporting 'N***** Night.'" According to the L.A. Times, Wayans used the word 15 more times during his 20-minute appearance.

That's a $320 contribution to the Laugh Factory's swear jar. Wayans' rep had no further comment other than to confirm the fine and the temporary ban.

Andy Dick drew fire earlier this week for using the n-word during an appearance at the Improv.
i think i asked this before... aren't you Indian?

Why do you keep asking if I'm indian? I'm black. My mom is black. My dad is black. Both grandparents were black.

AFAIK, I have no indian in me.
would you like some? :laugh:

wait... are you Indian?

This is confusing...

Nerva

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
whatever happen to chris rock? his shows are hilarious and he drops the n-bomb every 2 seconds.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
eH.. None of the Wayans are funny.. And it's not because they're n*ggers, they just aren't very talented anymore.

You just called the Wayans "n*ggers"??

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

hahahaha!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

LMAO ... freedomsbeat212 made me LOL for real at work with that comment haha.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

You owe the mods $20

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
eH.. None of the Wayans are funny.. And it's not because they're n*ggers, It's because In Living Color got old real fast and was cancelled.

Fixed.

They never were talented. They just use the same stupid jokes that junior high students do and try to put them in situations that would be comicial, if they were good writers.

Danman

Lifer
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by: 3cho
whatever happen to chris rock? his shows are hilarious and he drops the n-bomb every 2 seconds.

I think he got sick and tired of the Hollywood BS. And yes, he was funny.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: BooGiMaN
ooh wow 320 bucks.....honestly whats 320 bucks to him

I don't think that the actual monetary value of the fine is important, but the fact that they actually FINE comics for saying the word makes me :roll:

What next, banning "p*$$y" and "cvnt" or "jap"?

knowing how stupid people are im sure this will not stop at comedy clubs...it will be funny to see rap lyrics scrubbed and sanitized of the n-word

Now I ain't say she's a gold digga, but she ain't messin' wit no broke broke

Weird Al FTW!!!!

Runes911

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: GoPackGo

I don't think that the actual monetary value of the fine is important, but the fact that they actually FINE comics for saying the word makes me :roll:

knowing how stupid people are im sure this will not stop at comedy clubs...it will be funny to see rap lyrics scrubbed and sanitized of the n-word

Weird Al FTW!!!!

Umm hes not quoteing Wired Al...

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Injury
eH.. None of the Wayans are funny.. And it's not because they're n*ggers, It's because In Living Color got old real fast and was cancelled.

Fixed.

They never were talented. They just use the same stupid jokes that junior high students do and try to put them in situations that would be comicial, if they were good writers.

Yeah, those n*ggers should be fined millions for making "White Chicks" and "Little Man."

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
Damon Wayans became the first famous offender of the Laugh Factory's ban on the use of the n-word, and was fined and banned from the club for three months as a result, Wayans' publicist tells TMZ.

After the Michael Richards incident on November 17, the club decided to ban use of the word and fine comedians $20 for every offense. Wayans took the stage Sunday during a showcase of African-American comedians called "Chocolate Sundaes." Wayans opened his routine with the line, "Give yourselves a big round of applause for coming down and supporting 'N***** Night.'" According to the L.A. Times, Wayans used the word 15 more times during his 20-minute appearance.

That's a $320 contribution to the Laugh Factory's swear jar. Wayans' rep had no further comment other than to confirm the fine and the temporary ban.

Andy Dick drew fire earlier this week for using the n-word during an appearance at the Improv.

Why do you keep asking if I'm indian? I'm black. My mom is black. My dad is black. Both grandparents were black.

You want some? ;)

Aug 23, 2000

****** puh-lease.

If you censor it then you're infringing on their rights. But if you say it and it offends someone then you infringe on their rights? It's a paradox an the universe in now unraveling.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: SophalotJack

You want some? ;)

Hahaha, that was my thought too.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SophalotJack

You want some? ;)

You're the second person in this thread to make that response. I'm really starting to get scared now :Q

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Runes911
Originally posted by: GoPackGo

Weird Al FTW!!!!

Umm hes not quoteing Wired Al...

Actually he is...Its Kanye Wests song, but Weird AL used it in his Polka on his latest album. But since Al is white he cant use the "n" word. So he had to change the last word. and use broke broke instead.