damn you bose and your marketing

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Ahhh, good move bose. You target your advertising to the HD channels you target middle aged or later people and pump your stuff. while I give you the superb and correct business move, I loathe you for your assumption that the consumer actually buys it. You overpriced hunk of crap you are. 3000 bucks for a HTIB with 3 speakers???? gimme a freakin' break. super-duper headphones? gimmee a break.

It wouldn't be such an atrocity if you didn't see so many peoiple buying it. It truly boggles the mind.

I cannot name a more succesful company nor can I name a more successful/brilliant marketing department. I really can't, except for maybe monster cable.

What they do should be studied in every economics class across every university. Because Bose has marketing down.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
It all started with the ads on Paul Harvey targetting the older generation who as children were content to sit around the radio with their family (prior to televisions being invented.)

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Originally posted by: spidey07

I cannot name a more succesful company nor can I name a more successful/brilliant marketing department. I really can't, except for maybe monster cable.

I also think Monster Cables would rank up there with them... Both adertise like their stuff is far better than any competition when in reality..... *gag*

sunase

Nov 28, 2002
Is this a reaction to the other thread? My grandma has a Bose radio. She probably saw it advertised in the back of one of her magazines (Good Housekeeping, etc.). People not up with electronics don't understand that it's a rip off.

Mar 15, 2003
have you heard their headphones? they sound pretty good for noise canceling sets...and,. yeah..i think their marketing kinda sucks- as does monster cables. have you seen monster cable ads on tv? neither have i. how do you define marketing, then?

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
Bose marketing has enticed me to want to listen to their stuff to see if it really does sound way better. Thing is, I am partially tone deaf, so it would be a waste anyways, even if it were true.

As for monster cables, the advertise in magazines, and on the radio.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: sunase
Is this a reaction to the other thread? My grandma has a Bose radio. She probably saw it advertised in the back of one of her magazines (Good Housekeeping, etc.). People not up with electronics don't understand that it's a rip off.

No. I watch a lot of HD channels that have few commercials. It seems like every break is "bose, the ultimate in quality." Followed by a middle aged/graying hair couple relaxing and smiling blissfully as they know they bought 'the best'.

pure genius.

They are targeting their ideal market - people with the money and appreciation for audio video, but not informed enough to know bose sucks donkey. It's almost as bad as Sony.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
I always say that Bose is a marketing company that happnes to sell speakers.

Ha... I've used that line.

I also like this one:

Customer: But Bose sells so many speakers, how can they be so bad?
Me: McDonald's sells a lot of hamburgers... Where would you rank their quality?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: FrankyJunior

I also think Monster Cables would rank up there with them... Both adertise like their stuff is far better than any competition when in reality..... *gag*

the difference being.. is Monster actually all that bad? Or is it simply they are charging too much? I refuse to believe their products are any worse than any other company, although I do believe they offer better shielding at times compared to AudioResearch. are there any other higher quality cable manufacturers than Monster and AudioResearch? I never really got into the highend cabling area, I got 16guage AudioResearch running to my speakers. I think, it may actually be Monster. :eek:

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: destrekor

the difference being.. is Monster actually all that bad? Or is it simply they are charging too much? I refuse to believe their products are any worse than any other company, although I do believe they offer better shielding at times compared to AudioResearch. are there any other higher quality cable manufacturers than Monster and AudioResearch? I never really got into the highend cabling area, I got 16guage AudioResearch running to my speakers. I think, it may actually be Monster. :eek:
There are a million other companies selling wire out there. Everyone and their mother has a cable company these days.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

There are a million other companies selling wire out there. Everyone and their mother has a cable company these days.

well yea.. but I mean how many try and pull off the idea that they are a top-end company? I don't really see AudioResearch doing that but they seem to try and be up there with Monster, but can't match the marketing.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

well yea.. but I mean how many try and pull off the idea that they are a top-end company? I don't really see AudioResearch doing that but they seem to try and be up there with Monster, but can't match the marketing.
They all do. Cable companies are hillarious. They all think they are the best and they love to tell you why. If you ever get the chance, go to the CEDIA Expo show or CES and strike up a conversation with a cable guy. Your brain will melt.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
The thing with A/V cables is the more money you charge for your cables, the better it is. So if you're cables are the most expensive, it's the bestest.