Damn! TV Just Died.....

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
The old Mitsubishi just took a dirt nap. May she RIP. Seven years of reliable service. I guess she lived a good life. Now, though, I must move on........and I haven't looked at the TV market in all these years. Here is what little I do know......
Based on what little research I have done, HDTV is the way to go. I have no interest in LCD, Plasma, etc. Being that I watch little TV, (I usually watch the Giants lose on Sundays in the autumn and winter), my needs are fairly basic.
I'm thinking 36 to 45 inches, with a top end of around $3K. I want to stick it in the room and be done with it. Let the kids fight over it at that point.
With that said, is there anything I should be looking for or wary of?
One area of confusion for me: there are two types of HDTV? One type includes a tuner, and the other doesn't? Can someone clarify this for me?
Also, I'm with Comcast cable. Do I need to do anything with them to make it all work? The last thing I want is to be running dishes off my roof. I'm looking for plug and play, basically.
Finally, based on your experiences, what and where do you recommend?

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
OK, did some quick research and have a somewhat clear understanding of DLP technology.
Anyone else with regards to buying advice, etc?