Damn tricky one.

Squeese19

Dec 31, 2000
I got 2 machines, 3 network cards, 1 cable connection avaliable.
SO, I thought I could install 2 network cards on the forst machine, one internet and second crad network connecto to the second coputer (twisted cable connection). BUT, its damn hard to get working. Anyone been here? ANd done this.
Please give me a hint, I'm desperately looking for tips and hints.

/squeese:disgust:

Ryu

Oct 11, 1999
ever heard of a spell checker or proof reading?

well i sounds like what you want it the 2 nics in one machine with internet connection on one nic and internal network on the other. what u need then is a crossover cable to the second machine's nic to the internal network nic of the first.

you didn't specify what os ur running on the internet sharing machine or what kinda sharing program ur using so i can't say anything about that.

dr0p0ut

Oct 9, 1999
hi

i am about to try that setup as soon as my 100ft cat5 cable and netgear nic arrive. from my reading, i will pop in the netgear in my dsl mechine which already have a nic and is connected to the dsl modem. setup the driver for th enic.
i will then connect all 3 pc to the switch i have. do little network config
in win98 such enable printer/file sharing, asign ip, then close my eye, cross my finger and hope it work.. :)

if all 3 pc can see each other and able to transfer file, i will load up sygate to enable internet sharing. believe or not, i am sharing a 56k connection right now with aol as my isp.. hehe

hope it work, will be welcome any tip and hint if i miss anything

=====================
system spec:
PIII 1008 from compuwiz1 pretest on 1050 :) too bad my sound card is having problem above 144 busspeed and i am still using pc100 ram :)
asus p3v4x ver 1003
pc100 128 mb micron-8e from RUSS. :) running 3/4 under p3v4x bios
alpha cooler from 2cool :)
tnt2 still thinking should i switch my setup with unopen v5 5500
voodoo2 sli
soundblaster x-gamer
netgear nic
some scsi controller
syno 8X20 scsi burner
plaxtor 40x scsi cdrom
unknown ide burner 4X4X24 able to run clonecd :)
unknown ide dvd drive which is loud as truck when i run dvd. :(
2 ide WD hard drive
i use land-something switch to connect 2 other pc

system is running under chinese win98 SE which is having problem transfer file to english version win98 first edition. :( :( i do see all pc under network neighborhood just i will need 1 hours to transfer 500k file between chinese and english pc.
======
hope i have provide enough info :)

thx

dr0p0ut