Damn I am feeling old...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bobsteroo

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2000
Fathom you'll be fine really you will..you'll get closer to your kids, you'll get to find out who you are, and you can leave the toilet lid up.

Its funny tho when your married all the single girls hit on ya, then when you get single, all the married girls hit on ya. OK maybe not all lol

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
Bob, no can do on the toilet seat thing.......I've got daughters! I'm still gonna hear about that.

Seriously though, every things o.k. and gets better as time goes along. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
Hey Bob, BTW I'm typing along on my shiny new 900Mhz T-Bird system I built with some of the cash I had put back for an anniversary ring for the ex. It was a snap to O/C the 700 processor to 900 and it really flies.

Sometimes in life there is a small amount of justice and a little revenge is sweet.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Age 39 was when I moved to Hawaii to surf the big waves at Pipeline. Most guys first go when they are in their teens or twenties. If you are in good shape, age is pretty much a mental thing. I do believe in the saying "you're as old as you feel."

Makanani

Jan 31, 2000
Tell me about it, I turn 24 next month. life just couldn't get any worse! :p heheh Happy Birthday man.

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Turning 40 was kind of non eventful for me. Doesn't seem to bug me. My advice would be just to live in the now and not worry about the past or lack of a future. ;)

I held out for a long time jonnyGURU.

Spearfodder

Jun 19, 2000
Nah, turning 25 was rough, turning 30 barely noticable. I turn 32 in a couple months and doubt if I'll even remember to celebrate.

Btw...I loved Blondie & the Dukes of Hazzard...that bow with the dynamite on the end & daisy's shorts....yum....

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
Thanks for the responses, folks. Some of them made me feel better, others made me feel worse. :) I thought I'd feel different, but I don't. I am beat, because I went fishing today and got baked by the sun all day.

By the way, The Dukes of Hazzard kicked ass! The A-Team was my favorite show though back in the day, however. :D

Gustavus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
We certainly don't remember the same things. Talking only to myself I suspect; remember fireside chats (with FDR), remember when the VP of the United States became famous for saying* "What this country needs is a really good five cent cigar" -- hope I remembered that one right, remember Amos and Andy on the radio or the Three Black Crows on the crank up gramophone. The mail plane (an open cockpit biplane) going from Columbus, Ohio to Washington D. C. passed over our house every other evening just after school and we watched for it in the same way a later generation watched to see a satellite. Remember when cars had cranks -- and you had to use them. I remember when Kettering became famous at GM for inventing the self starter. Windshield wipers were powered by the vacuum line, so the wipers didn't work when the car was accelerating or loading down going uphill. The wiper motor was a kind of steam engine -- similar mechanical principle -- so us boys used to scavenge them to play with. The horns in A-models (the Ahh-Oogah sound) had an honest to God electric motor in them with a serrated disk on the armature that engaged a similar disk on the metal diaphragm to make the sound. Those were great fun, but no one had electricity. I still call post cards -- "penny post cards" -- even though they now cost 19 cents. Ingersoll pocket watches cost an even dollar -- but that was pay for a days work. Oh well, I remember.

* I just checked and this was said by VP T. R. Marshall just before I came along, but people were still quoting him and laughing at his wit -- or lack thereof -- when I was a kid, so it is a part of my "memories". Historians now say that this quote is the only thing Marshall is remembered for. Let us hope that "I did not have sex with that woman" achieves a similar place in history.