Damn Good Jerky 30% off items till 12/23. Free ship 30+

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cardiac

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for all the info, guys. I'm gonna hafta give it a try this winter....

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
my order just arrived, picked up
2 bags of the Teriyaki Bags Discounted Beef Jerky for $9.80 each..
2 bags of the Hot & Spicey Bags Discounted Beef Jerky for $9.80 each..
and some samplers, the discounted stuff tastes perfectly fine to me.

have to see if i can make my own next time.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Chalet Market by any chance? They have good stuff.

Nope. The Meat Shoppe. 706 N Rousse (according to google street view).

BTW, i jumped on this deal and picked up 4 pounds (habanero, death by, teriyaki, and garlic). I was disappointed in the jerky sizes (i prefer long strips, and these guys cut them up) and the seasonings were either too salty or just too over powering. The meat was quality though. One warning, the Death By jerky contains purified capsaicin. Too much heat, not enough flavour. I can tolerate extreme levels of heat, but purified capsaicin is just too much for jerky.

Robert Munch

Oct 11, 2006
Nope. The Meat Shoppe. 706 N Rousse (according to google street view).

BTW, i jumped on this deal and picked up 4 pounds (habanero, death by, teriyaki, and garlic). I was disappointed in the jerky sizes (i prefer long strips, and these guys cut them up) and the seasonings were either too salty or just too over powering. The meat was quality though. One warning, the Death By jerky contains purified capsaicin. Too much heat, not enough flavour. I can tolerate extreme levels of heat, but purified capsaicin is just too much for jerky.
Hmmm I ordered the death by for shits and it's been sitting in my kitchen unopened for the past two weeks i'm wondering if this may be to hot now and may just bring this into work to share with co-workers instead.

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
Hmmm I ordered the death by for shits and it's been sitting in my kitchen unopened for the past two weeks i'm wondering if this may be to hot now and may just bring this into work to share with co-workers instead.

Ha ha, that would be awesome. I thought about doing the same but my coworkers are chocophiles and would likely not touch jerky. The death by is up there with potentially requiring a warning label. Before this, I have never had purified capsaicin--the sensation can be, um, "interesting." You may want to consult a lawyer about sharing with coworkers.

Well, i just googled this and realized why i occasionally cough when i eat it, it also has the ingredient of pepper spray (Oleoresin Capsicum).