Dammit, I thought Swordfish opened today! :-|

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Apparently I was wrong, but I thought for sure the TV ads this week said it was in theatres this weekend.

Now WTF am I going to see?

:|

Viper GTS

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've actually considered boycotting that movie...

I want to see it, but can't get past Travolta' scientologist connections. :|

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I want to see it, but can't get past Travolta' scientologist connections.

While I certainly don't agree with his religious delusions, I can separate the artist from his art. I listen to Godsmack even though rumor has it the lead singer is into witchcraft. As long as their art doesn't reflect it, I can appreciate the art separately from the artist.

Viper GTS

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000

<< when does swordfish open? >>

I believe it's June 8... someone correct me if I am wrong...

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Is swordfish the one that has some connection (via director or something?) to the matrix? if so i'm definantly gonna see it.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000

<< Is swordfish the one that has some connection (via director or something?) to the matrix? if so i'm definantly gonna see it. >>

Yes, it's from the directors of Matrix... :)

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000

<< I want to see it, but can't get past Travolta' scientologist connections.

While I certainly don't agree with his religious delusions, I can separate the artist from his art. I listen to Godsmack even though rumor has it the lead singer is into witchcraft. As long as their art doesn't reflect it, I can appreciate the art separately from the artist.

Viper GTS
>>

the lead singer, is Wiccan, which is afaik, not a rumour. one of the reasons for the pentacle tattoo on his cheek :)

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
I am so hyped to see Swordfish but I can't help but to think of his last failure. This movie I'll actually see, let's just hope that I'm not disappointed. Travolta was great in Get Shorty, Pulp Fiction and Face/Off why can't he return to that status?

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
swordfish does open june 8...i will go see it...it looks pretty cool, hugh jackman is cool man...and halle berry is too...is this the movie where she's going to be naked?

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000
What was Travolta's last movie that was so bad....I can't seem to remember him in anything recent...

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000

<< What was Travolta's last movie that was so bad....I can't seem to remember him in anything recent... >>

Well, Face/Off was good... :frown:

LocutusX

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Yes, it's from the directors of Matrix... >>

Nope. From the *producers*, not the directors. Which doesn't mean very much.

Swordfish is directed by Dominic Sena, who was the same guy who directed Gone in 60 Sec. Since I thought Gi60 was total crap, I'll be skipping this one.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< I want to see it, but can't get past Travolta' scientologist connections.

Viper GTS
>>

I think the two religions are far different. That is a useless analogy. Wicca goes back thousands of years, similar to many main-stream religions. Scientology is much different.

I don't see Wiccan factions trying to get people mprosined for statements made in chat rooms, I don't seen Wiccan murder coverups, the list is endless.

P.S. I don't believe in Wicca either, to each his own.

Noriaki

Lifer
Jun 3, 2000

<< Travolta's last &quot;masterpiece&quot; was Battlefield Earth **shudder** >>

Oh lord...no wonder I forgot...I have blocked out that part of my memory....

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
<<Wicca goes back thousands of years>>

No it doesn't. Wicca is a modern congolmeration of a dozen long dead religions from historical research.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't need to see anything starring that cult freak lousy actor Travolta. He should be with Disco -- long forgotten as a rather embarrasing ugly part of our past.