dammit Anandtech! I sell my mac and now you decide to create an Apple forum?

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Oh well, I'll still be posting here though (specially if I can get my hands on an iphone when it's out)

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Kaido
Why did you sell your Mac?

I had a mac mini and needed something with more power. I really want to get a mac pro but can't spend that much money on a machine now.
Also I do a lot of work from home and the software that we use is not mac compatible so I was using my windows machine all the time.

i miss the mac though:(

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: bigrash

I had a mac mini and needed something with more power. I really want to get a mac pro but can't spend that much money on a machine now.
Also I do a lot of work from home and the software that we use is not mac compatible so I was using my windows machine all the time.

Why didn't you just get an iMac?

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Dacalo

Why didn't you just get an iMac?

not a big fan of the imac. personal preference I guess.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
not a big fan of the imac. personal preference I guess.
same.. but I caved and got one. I actually prefer to use OS X. And I desperately wanted to try out Aperture. Somewhat regretting the purchase... and should have sold it before today's keynote... but a mac pro is still out of reach.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004

Same boat. Even with the mods I did to my Mini, the GMA950 was still a bottle-neck. I wish there was something other than the iMac between the Mini and the Mac Pro, some kind of Cube or Mac Pro "Lite" tower. I don't really care for the iMac...my wife loves hers, but I prefer something with more...pieces. lol. I'm saving up for a new MBP - 4gb ram + Parallels and I can finally kiss my PC goodbye ;)