Dallas Cowboys Considering Use Of Device Which Would Immobilize Players' Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
12-10-2012

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dis...se-device-which-would-immobilize-players-cars

Dallas Cowboys Considering Use Of Device Which Would Immobilize Players' Cars

As the Dallas Cowboys organization mourns the death of Jerry Brown, the practice squad linebacker who was killed in an alcohol-related crash, some within the organization have begun thinking about how to prevent similar incidents in the future.

One option Hill said the team is looking into is the use of a small electronic device called 'SafeKey' which tests a player's impairment. If it is determined that the player cannot drive, the device will immobilize the player's vehicle.

"It is unclear whether the NFL Players Association would sign off on allowing teams to mandate such a measure for players"

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The real shame is that there are accessible ways for NFL players to avoid incidents like these provided for them by the players union.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-josh-brent-nfl-drinking-driving-dui/1757651/
The NFL has noted various efforts to stem the problem, including discipline, education and even chauffeur services available to players through the players union. All they have to do is call for a ride.

"The program is there and I don't know why every player in the league wouldn't use it," Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Shaun Smith said. "I've used it before when I've been out, and I'm sure I'll use it again. Personally, I'm not going to put myself or anyone else at risk by driving drunk. You just wish everyone felt that way."

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Jerry Jones, another billionaire in favor of the Nanny State, would probably still own wage free slaves if he could.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
While I feel sympathy for the family of the dead guy, he DID get into the car with his drunk friend driving.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
While I feel sympathy for the family of the dead guy, he DID get into the car with his drunk friend driving.

Personal responsibility and accountability are only applicable to the rich techs. Don't you know that the rest of us need our hands held and to always be told what to do?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
common sense (or lack of it) applies to most idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.