D2OL: Upload problem (with dialup)

RemyCanad

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
Well here is the situation. I have a machine that only has dialup. So I am letting it crunch for a few weeks and then uploading over the weekend. The problem now is what D2OL starts to upload my connection disconnects every time. Well it goes dead first and then disconnects. The strange part is that it works just fine for everything else but every single time I run D2OL and it attempts to upload my connection dies.

Anyone have any ideas?

InlineFive

Diamond Member
Sep 20, 2003
Are you sure it is D²OL? Is Windows shutting down your connection before D²OL is finished uploading? Sometimes for this to work you need to right-click the D²OL taskbar icon and make sure Online is checked.

Cheers!

-Por

Shame

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2001
Does it crap out immediately or a few minutes after it begins uploading? If the latter, you may just be autodisconnecting.

ken008

Mar 29, 2002
Are you running W98 ? My W98 rig is a little funny. Try shuuting down D2ol, then connect to the internet, then fire D2OL back up. If it is set to online it will try to upload when you start it up. My rig prefers this method.

RemyCanad

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
It is a win98 machine.

It craps out as soons as D2OL trys to upload. I can turn it offline and then tell it up update. I watch it go through each option but once it hits the upload one it starts and then the connection goes dead. I can kill my connection on command by just telling it to update.

I will try the connect and then start D2OL and see what happens then.