D.C. wants to pass another crazy gun law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Could you imagine the uproar if voters were required to jump through these hoops? Or if people going to a church had to go through all of this?

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/20/dc-gun-registry-forces-fingerprinting-police-stati/
To avoid becoming a felon, anyone with a gun registered before 2011 will have to:
go to police headquarters to be fingerprinted,
photographed,
provide proof of address,
pay a fee and
confirm they may still legally possess the firearm.

The Firearms Registration Section will then create a new registration certificate — now in the form of an ID card — for each gun.

People do not even have to show an id to vote, but have to show id to legally posses a gun?

The fee is going to be the downfall of this law. The government can not charge a fee for someone to use their rights.

Where is the justice department and why aren't they suing DC to protect the citizens rights?

Last edited:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I find it hard to even comment on gun related discussions anymore, unless its discussing my enthusiasm for guns as a hobby. Do I think we need more gun control? I don't know, in a way guns are serious business and we shouldn't allow any idiot to have one. I think they should be more of a privilege than a right, because rights apply to everyone with no proof of competency other than not being insane. Then again everyone should have the right to at least defend themselves and a firearm is the only reliable way, so I don't know. I'm over this debate.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The answer is to not allow firearms in DC.

I mean none. None for the citizen and none for any government agency. No police, no Feds. Nobody. See how long that lasts.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Could you imagine the uproar if voters were required to jump through these hoops? Or if people going to a church had to go through all of this?

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/20/dc-gun-registry-forces-fingerprinting-police-stati/

People do not even have to show an id to vote, but have to show id to legally posses a gun?

The fee is going to be the downfall of this law. The government can not charge a fee for someone to use their rights.

Where is the justice department and why aren't they suing DC to protect the citizens rights?

They would have to start with NY that has been doing that for decades.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Good sarcasm! Like the DOJ actually cares about the rights of citizens. Remember, the founders of this country explicitly stated that the second amendment only applied to muskets. Haven't you read the Federalist Papers of any of the quotes by the founders? It's plane as day.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
More silliness. Gun crime in DC is not a problem except by thugs and hood rats. This law seems a total waste of time.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Sounds exactly like the state of Illinois???

The supreme court has nothing better to deal with.

Start frisking people on the street after say 7 pm. Same thing goes for cars they drive around aimlessly.

Last edited:

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Why haven't they outlawed murder yet? That would make things so much easier!

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
DC and other large cities should all have surveillance cameras to keep an eye on thugs and murderers.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

what you quoted sounds terrible, but has nothing to do with what you say here.

Going into an agency, signing a form, having your photo taken, getting on registry, isn't even in the same atmosphere as "showing your ID"

One is perfectly sound and reasonable, the other is goddamn insane.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
This will be cool. Gun crime will drop to zero in DC. Progressives are really smart.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
what you quoted sounds terrible, but has nothing to do with what you say here.

Going into an agency, signing a form, having your photo taken, getting on registry, isn't even in the same atmosphere as "showing your ID"

One is perfectly sound and reasonable, the other is goddamn insane.

I don't think I'm following you:

One is going "into an agency, signing a form, having your photo taken, getting on registry", which basically the same as getting an ID, and if I don't do it then I'm a felon.

The other is showing an ID to vote. If I don't I can't vote.

So, failing one to have form of identity makes me a felon, the other one means I can't vote. Now, which is the "goddamn insane" one?

Fern

Status
Not open for further replies.