Cyberwings' Shawn gets jailtime!

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
The infamous "ceo-shawn" of the Cyberwings fiasco has finally been sentenced. Unfortunately it was for a charge not related to CW, but "justice has nonetheless been served." He gets 18 mo of being someone's prison biznitch at a federal prison. He is also ordered to pay 75k in restitution. That'll leave a mark in the pocketbook. Here's the link. www.cyberwingsowesmemoney.com

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Id gladly pay another $5 to keep him in there longer...

rutchtkim

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2001
Hey DJ Fuji, was just reading ur signature and I have a friend that is stationed at Camp Pendleton. He just returned to Jersey about 3 weeks ago. God bless.

DJFuji

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: rutchtkim
Hey DJ Fuji, was just reading ur signature and I have a friend that is stationed at Camp Pendleton. He just returned to Jersey about 3 weeks ago. God bless.

Thanks. And yeah, theyre coming back by the boatload.

i dont feel that awful about my losses at Cyberwings because i paid 3 bucks for 6 months of hosting. Granted, it was supposed to be for a year, but i think i got my money's worth. Just wish he would have given me some advanced notice so that i could switch hosting companies, though. Glad i didn't sign up for an expensive plan.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'm frankly shocked he got jail time for that. I'm not defending him, it's just that those types of non-violent crimes, especially one of that size, rarely draw jail time. I just read a story about a guy who defrauded banks out of $200,000 using bad checks and he only got 5 years probation.

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
lol I love this post from Wolfgang:

" 07/08/2002 1:46 PM

Hey, I'm not at all embarassed to admit I bought a number of accounts from Cyberwings, and I still expect things to work out in the end.

We're not there yet, and there are some serious growth pains right now (becoming so dependent on LS was a serious error, it seems--once you're hoooked, you're hooked, and if for whatever reason they yank the line....), but let's see where they are in a week or so.

Unacceptable delay? Absolutely. But at this point, unavoidable, and while Shawn no doubt has been a bit mercurial and extemperaneous in his varying pronouncements, that doesn't mean he's a fraud, or that CW is (in the long- or medium-term--it is in the most immediate term, obviously) a failure.

But ONLY time will tell.

(If CW does indeed come up this week or next, and stays up, and returns to business as usual, there's going to be a lot of crow to eat here! ) "

-Ed

BruinEd03

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
Dear Inmates at Devens Federal Prison,

Re: Sean White

DHITB

Sounds like he'll charge them for the services...get hundreds of customers lined up...then transfer out.

-Ed