Cyberpunk 2077

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
What the hell do I do with myself now that I've beaten this game? Play other peasant level games? Do something productive? Take care of my dog and go outside?

Really happy with the storytelling .. I might even go back and do some more endings. I got "Path to Glory" the first time. I cleared almost all gigs / side quests before starting the final mission so really not much else to do in the world. I'm not hardcore enough to do all the NPCD stuff, normally just did it quickly if I came across it on my way to something else and felt like stopping. I also don't have enough friendship with Johnny to get the secret ending even though I thought we were pretty chill lol.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
What the hell do I do with myself now that I've beaten this game? Play other peasant level games? Do something productive? Take care of my dog and go outside?

Really happy with the storytelling .. I might even go back and do some more endings. I got "Path to Glory" the first time. I cleared almost all gigs / side quests before starting the final mission so really not much else to do in the world. I'm not hardcore enough to do all the NPCD stuff, normally just did it quickly if I came across it on my way to something else and felt like stopping. I also don't have enough friendship with Johnny to get the secret ending even though I thought we were pretty chill lol.

Feel the same way...but I really want patched/further content before doing another runthrough. I will finish some extra endings, and I just realized while clearing straggling gigs and straggling character missions, this game seems better designed for sticking to those specific groups of content, based on your character path. Know what I mean?

So, I'm a streetkid. Opened up those streekid fixers early--the Tygers, Voodoo (I love the voodoo story man...I feel like that just, vanished from me too soon. wonder if I chose wrongly at one point and just lost a bunch of potential, because I felt like I was making a serious decision with them, but then no more missions? lol. I kinda forget what happened, anyway...), some Maelstrom, that little dirtbag guy that gets you started off, Rogue of course, and the Mox. Oh man...Judy. hmmmm.
So you spend a lot of time with that, then end up doing some corpo and of course some Nomad stuff. You start meeting those fixers...and you end up creeping into those stories, which isn't wrong, but the way the leveling works (past ~29-31, at current game design/leveling it seems pointless, really), it seems that sticking to your character path related stuff (so, the fixers and even the primary characters related to your path, e.g.: Panem/ Asburgers: nomads; Judy/Mox (and yeah, Voodoo? I thought? they seemed very crucial here but like I said, vanished on me, lol): streetkid; Takemura-Hantso/Arasaka: Corpo. + Rogue for all your Johnnie stuff; probably always do Rogue and the Samurai stuff, I guess? Or not...I imagine if you seriously skip that, it would be difficult to "let Johnnie take over" dunno. anyway....)...is a good way to make "independent playthroughs" The story is short enough and balanced/level to limit you to those specific missions. Because it's not like the gigs are very "fetchy" Yeah, there is some thievery and "upload software" or "kidnap target" repeatable maps and concepts, but each one is really well crafted, if you read the mission details, data collected on each one, and the variability to finish each one in a different way. ...and it's not always obvious, haha.

Yeah, so I think this really tops all-out immersive game experiences for me in a very long time. very long time. despite the bugs which, honestly, were infrequent and actually hilarious enough to not bother me/drag me out of immersion. Cant' wait till it is finished! :D

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
A fly mode mod came out a few days ago over on Nexus mods. In case you're thinking about going onto balconies half way up tall buildings. Or other places. There's nothing inside most of those tall buildings so walking on a high up balcony at least gives a feeling of exploring the building. If the building has any balconies. And if they do they're probably residential apartments/condos.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Nice i am finally getting a refund after waiting for 3 weeks or so at least that what was said in the email today.

Reactions: kurosaki

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Feel the same way...but I really want patched/further content before doing another runthrough. I will finish some extra endings, and I just realized while clearing straggling gigs and straggling character missions, this game seems better designed for sticking to those specific groups of content, based on your character path. Know what I mean?

This game seem to only give the illusion of choice. No matter what branch you take it doesn't seem like it is possible to piss another faction off enough to stop talking. At least for the core missions. I'm not sure I'll go back for another run because of that. I could do a different build, but a lot of the fun was just going though the story, and I don't think it'll change except for maybe the final choice like deciding who to kiss at the end of their missions.
Though I do sorta want to see if you can romance Judy as a female

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Though I do sorta want to see if you can romance Judy as a female

Oh my, yes. yes indeed you can. I assume she ain't into dudes? Panam seems to not like the ladies, though I also ended up not helping her in that one side mission when you first meet her, because it tosses you in immediately and I was just wholly unprepared for that kind of assault. I got killed a few dozen times and was like eff it.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Oh my, yes. yes indeed you can. I assume she ain't into dudes? Panam seems to not like the ladies, though I also ended up not helping her in that one side mission when you first meet her, because it tosses you in immediately and I was just wholly unprepared for that kind of assault. I got killed a few dozen times and was like eff it.

Panam definitely doesn’t like the ladies .. I kept trying, beat the side quest line too with no luck lol. Are you talking about the confrontation with militech? I had the easiest time with that, stood back with some OP sniper rifle like a coward. Militech is generally tough head on, only two gigs in the game I’m still having trouble with are a couple of their bases in the desert.

I’ve been going back to the game dealing with all the random assaults and organized crime dens. Might as well go full nerd and 100% it. Also started watching this awesome Altered Carbon show to help alleviate my Cyberpunk withdrawal symptoms

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
So panam is men only, judy is river only. River is interested in men. I wonder if you create a male with a vagina or female with a penis, does it change? There must be different endings for each romance I imagine. Did judy end up as a selection to assault arasaka with?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Panam definitely doesn’t like the ladies .. I kept trying, beat the side quest line too with no luck lol. Are you talking about the confrontation with militech? I had the easiest time with that, stood back with some OP sniper rifle like a coward. Militech is generally tough head on, only two gigs in the game I’m still having trouble with are a couple of their bases in the desert.

I’ve been going back to the game dealing with all the random assaults and organized crime dens. Might as well go full nerd and 100% it. Also started watching this awesome Altered Carbon show to help alleviate my Cyberpunk withdrawal symptoms

I think tehre were a few with Millitech? but I think we are talking about the same thing: you complete her first sorta-intro mission and then she asks if you will help her right now to go assault that base on the canyon and you either go or it never happens. ...and of course, first death, my toon now glitches out on that little action drive into the canyon, so I am always loading into her skin and it's super weird and I can't do anythign about it--save/restart does nothing, lol. Anyhoo, yeah, that one. I had no sniper rifles at the time and early on in the game, I was building pistol-headshot HEAVILY...which means I can shoot things, but my damage falls off from non-headshots by like 40-600%, lol. ...and it's kinda hard to make pistol headshots, with any scope, in that kind of "power" mission. So, I held off pretty well a couple of times, but it was when the backup showed up in those APCs and I never could get far enough in to the compound to avoid those. Much later or with a proper "assaulty" build...yeah, I could have wrecked that, lol. I also didn't have/wasn't familiar with Smart tech at the time..that definitely would have helped. I get sniped a lot in the game because it's sorta hard early on to get pistol headshot damage on teh run...it's really just a stupid build for the most part, haha--but hey, popping off 40-60, think I've seen 75k on hit is pretty neat, 2% of the time....

hah! I also went back to Altered Carbon for that reason. Very vibey, helped a lot. I had stopped watching the 2nd season about a year ago, whenever it released, because I had forgotten too much and...well, since everything "Changes" sorta, getting oriented after a year and no reminder with that show was pretty rough. BUT. I just jumped back in, actually found the s1 recap this time, because I'm stupid, and soldiered through it, and really dug it. I wasn't that into the first season, but I may go back to it again now that I enjoyed the 2nd season much more (sadly, the last, I think?).

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
Nice i am finally getting a refund after waiting for 3 weeks or so at least that what was said in the email today.

I honestly considered refunding on Steam a few days or so after I first played it... but part of me felt like I should be patient and enjoy it as much as I could.

Now that I haven't played it in weeks I kind of wished I had and extra $60...

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I haven't played it since the first two weeks after I purchased the game. I'm going to wait until they're another patch out. I'd like to enjoy it on a new card but that's a hilarious wish right now.

• Haha
Reactions: VirtualLarry

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So panam is men only, judy is river only. River is interested in men. I wonder if you create a male with a vagina or female with a penis, does it change? There must be different endings for each romance I imagine. Did judy end up as a selection to assault arasaka with?
you mean judy is *women" only, right? sounds like it. River will ball on chicks, too. I did that...was an accident. lol. creeped me out. Dumped his ass, though. Loved his story though, and I keep forgetting about that whole sequence. I liked all of those but in the end they seemed juuuuuust far enough away from the main plot to make me wonder what they are all about. They need a little more "tying it all together," maybe in some later DLC, which would be a good place to add a lot more content for those people; not "brand new map and character NPC person," like we see with basically every DLC these days. Though, depending on how the story ends for you, because they can actually be...very very different, lol, it would be hard to do a seamless "after the main events" plot line that works for everyone. can't imagine it branching off from the beginning, could it? that could be...well, neat.

Anyway, where is Night City? I know nothing about the Cyberpunk lore, only picked up all information through the news broadcasts and clippings that I spent...way too much time reading, but eh, it added story. It's Las Vegas, right?

--Texas has seceded and is its own country, maybe more "Texas" because it may have added some other territory in the process? Other states, I assume, are arranged differently. Night City is near the "southern California state border--it said, or at least I heard that as "southern California" being a state, not the border of what we know as the southern part of California. Anyway it would make sense that at least parts of Nevada get swallowed, and Arizona? I thought it also suggested that the border of southern California is "New Texas" or whatever it's called.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I got the feeling it was Vegas when I was playing.

Yeah it sounds like it's the capital or the "metro center" of the state of Southern California. ....I think the hoover dam is on the map, right? and while I'm not personally familiar with Vegas, the street layout is very similar, right, just rotated clockwise?

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Yeah it sounds like it's the capital or the "metro center" of the state of Southern California. ....I think the hoover dam is on the map, right? and while I'm not personally familiar with Vegas, the street layout is very similar, right, just rotated clockwise?
Here's the world map from Cyberpunk 2020, which it's based on. Though I have to say their city positioning isn't very accurate in general.

Attachments

• 2021-01-13 07_56_32-Cyberpunk 2020.png
    2021-01-13 07_56_32-Cyberpunk 2020.png
    204 KB · Views: 17

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
how low have we fallen

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
oh, forgot to respond to the Judy final mission bit

No, no help there. The Mox are just punks with no interests beyond disco dancing and whoring. ....or then again, I ended up killing Maiko in that big mission, which maybe led to their rivals storming the club and wiping everyone out--woops?--which in turn may be why no one there would offer to help? Not sure if that changes things, really. None of that story is really attached to what's going on with the chip in your head--I don't think you tell Judy about it until late, anyway. The Rider stuff isn't really connected, either, and I don't see how he would be much of a help. Judy is just Judy, because basically her friends are dead and so no resources to really help you out, lol. ...much unlike Rogue with her assault helicopter, armory, and snarky voodoo dude assistant.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i spent several hours watching Cyberpunk2077 patiently waiting for a moment where *I* can actually play, all while fighting with the horrible UI.

got that corpo intro, go to the bar, get beaten up, meet with .. the big guy .. follow him around very slowly, go home, sleep, wake up the next day, meet him again, wait for him to drive, get to the gang headquarter.

[gameplay]
the whole place has 1-entry 1-exit rooms with about 8 mobs in the whole area, they are all bullet sponges, i'm talking 40+ hits to kill each. I'm playing HARD to i die to 4 bullets.
The artstyle make it nearly impossible to see the models clearly so i aim in their general direction. No weapon has any decent zoom. I craft ammo because i've run out several times

you know what, i'm not gonna do the whole run-through of the game insofar, but it's all the same. I've completed the heist mission and the Love mission and i'm ready to uninstall this game. The fight with oswald forrest took a solid 5 minutes as i burned through 30 grenades and 400 rounds of ammo to put him down. i've spent more time pressing C than in actual gameplay and when it comes to gameplay, this has to be some of the worst FPS gameplay that i have ever seen. Ridiculously unbalanced between the HP of enemies and that of the player, horribly spammy spray n pray guns, and linear forced-combat sections that do absolutely nothing for me. If you like this game AS A GAME, i invite you to explain to me WHAT aspects of the actual game you like.

never mind the glitches. Never mind getting 1-shotted by the police, on-rails vehicle sections, the handling of the cars, or simply the way that the way the gameplay information is spread out, it's the equivalent of a new job to learn it. Just that horrible gameplay. To think that CP77 can even match DXMD is ludicrous.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
i spent several hours watching Cyberpunk2077 patiently waiting for a moment where *I* can actually play, all while fighting with the horrible UI.

got that corpo intro, go to the bar, get beaten up, meet with .. the big guy .. follow him around very slowly, go home, sleep, wake up the next day, meet him again, wait for him to drive, get to the gang headquarter.

[gameplay]
the whole place has 1-entry 1-exit rooms with about 8 mobs in the whole area, they are all bullet sponges, i'm talking 40+ hits to kill each. I'm playing HARD to i die to 4 bullets.
The artstyle make it nearly impossible to see the models clearly so i aim in their general direction. No weapon has any decent zoom. I craft ammo because i've run out several times

you know what, i'm not gonna do the whole run-through of the game insofar, but it's all the same. I've completed the heist mission and the Love mission and i'm ready to uninstall this game. The fight with oswald forrest took a solid 5 minutes as i burned through 30 grenades and 400 rounds of ammo to put him down. i've spent more time pressing C than in actual gameplay and when it comes to gameplay, this has to be some of the worst FPS gameplay that i have ever seen. Ridiculously unbalanced between the HP of enemies and that of the player, horribly spammy spray n pray guns, and linear forced-combat sections that do absolutely nothing for me. If you like this game AS A GAME, i invite you to explain to me WHAT aspects of the actual game you like.

never mind the glitches. Never mind getting 1-shotted by the police, on-rails vehicle sections, the handling of the cars, or simply the way that the way the gameplay information is spread out, it's the equivalent of a new job to learn it. Just that horrible gameplay. To think that CP77 can even match DXMD is ludicrous.

..I don't understand how the FPS aspects of this game are any worse than DX--any DX. They are literally the same ime--movement feels floaty and "not real." Bullets have no impact in either of these games. You are pushing a button to do a thing, not fire a gun. It's the exact same in both games.

Yeah, the hit box between you and the targets is insane--you absolutely get one shot as soon as someone peaks out from cover; good luck you having an equal chance of that kind of accuracy.

The bullet sponginess is certainly shitty...but again, all such games with skill-based leveling are inherently going to be "bullet spongey" until you actually trait into those skills to make it not bullet spongey. That's simply how it is. A review of the first...3rd of the prologue of this game isn't going to give you any kind of appreciation of that, at all.

Isn't this why you hate the BL games? (which, by the way, has amazing FPS/gun play mechanics, in contrast to both mentioned games). Hard to retype everything I've been typing here, for weeks, all over just for your benefit, lol. :D But the point is that this isn't DX, it isn't GTA, it isn't Mafia--it's parts of all of those games, taking some of the bad with it, but mostly the good. This game is designed to take you through the story more than anything and, once it opens up, you get a much more diverse and interesting opportunity to explore that, and get used to the action. Yeah, especially at that difficulty, it feels very cheap early on. But I wonder if you can give us an example of "perfect" games that do this FPS thing proper to meet the standards that you need....and don't give me that Quake or Doom or similar crap--those games have been completely unplayable garbage games since their very release, however many decades ago, as well as their clones. :p

(hint: I don't think your perfect experience exists)

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Agree, basing views without even completing the prologue, on high difficulty especially, is not giving an accurate picture at all. There is a lot of dialogue in the prologue, there isn't much to do about modifying your skills yet. Its a little on rails until the end of the prologue. After that the gunplay isn't really any different than the genre. Its no FPS like COD or battlefield, but it lives up to other RPG type games. If you're having a hard time with the combat, just turn it down until you meet Johnny.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
ok so, last thing first. I don't hate the borderlands series. I liked BL1 and BL2 - it's hard to say which better, but i am leaning on 2 - but i have always lamented the lack of skill involved. In BL both you *and* the enemy are spongy, and with all the on-shield-depletion effects, second wind, and broken builds, it's pretty darn impossible to die after midgame. The main appeal of those games is the big visual effect of tons of explosions coming out of the absurd guns you use, and the comedy aspects of the campaign. Tiny Tina is such a great character, i can't get enough of her. Claptrap, not so much.

the deus ex series is a mixed bag. DX1 is excellent, in gameplay, but also in story. But it's too old to be considered here, really. Invisible War was okaish, people hated it because it lacked the complexity of DX1 and frankly the map design is shit, but i see an ok game that runs well with decent graphics and an interesting plot, plus you can upskirt NG Resonance.

Human Revolution is garbage. Not only the boss fights, but throughout the game you're put into a pure shoot'em'up situations against mobs who are way stronger than you, who have infinite bullets while you get maybe 4 bullets back when you kill one, and take 5/6 headshots to put down. The entirety of the game is played cheesing the AI behind a corner. Peak, shoot, hide. That, and a horrible control scheme - both crouch and ADS are on toggle only ??

Mankind Divided is amazing. First, because you always have real options in how to approach a situation, thanks to some of the best map design i have ever played. The only defect is the near-omniscence of enemies who have been alerted, but the gunplay is near-realistic on both ends. Most normal mobs will go down with 1 headshot, augmented humans die in a burst, and big-ass cybertanks take a cplip or two. Weapons are accurate and having quick and precise aim really changes the gameplay.
this means that if i am 200ms faster than the enemy, i can turn around a fight.

In CP77 being 200ms faster than the enemy means nothing. Being able to aim means nothing, if your guns spread out in a comedic spray cone, and they take a dozen headshots or more to die.

Don't you think there's something wrong with game design if you can just pop out of the place you are fighting in, craft yourself 20-30 health packs, and then return to the fight??

Metro Exodus (might as well throw this one in as well) has enemies that take a beating, but balances this with the fact that your weapons are capable of dealing a considerable amount of damage with careful aim and control. The problem comes with the ridiculous weapon degradation and the fact that the game isn't above respawning a ton of mobs that give zero drops, just to ruin your guns.

Both Exodus and CP77 have the same defect though. Not related to how horrid the gameplay is, but compounding the problem: they dont let me play. When i'm crouching behind a crate to avoid mobs 1-shotting me, and waiting for them to lose the aggro so i can pop one miserable headshot before i get a overheating attack that requires yet another hypostim, I AM PLAYING. When i am waiting for a NPC to give me the same speech every mediocre action film has while riding in a car i can't get out of, i am *not* playing. If you keep me stuck in a 10-minute braindance tutorial for a mechanic i will never willingly use, you are asking for me to hate your game. Funny however how the game does no tutorial for crafting items which you NEED in order to even survive the prologue.

.. i have to go back to DXMD because of how much i loved that game. See, in mankind divided you got a gun. And if you see a mob, say, a policeman blocking you from accesing a quest, you have these options:
1. you can try to stealth your way in
2. you can explore and try to find an alternative entrance
3. you can go around talking to people and find information that allow you to progress through dialogue
4. you may have dedicated a lot of praxis to one type of breaching which fits the mission
5. you can try to find a adventure-style (i.e. place lamp on floor) solution by gathering clues
or 6... you can shoot your way through.
And what i like best about this is that the game isn't afraid to give you actual guns. Guns that can kill stuff. You CAN kill those policemen, but then you'll have the entire police force on your ass, exoskeletons, drones, cameras, turrets, and tons of policemen ready to drop you.

And the game is balanced for stealth as well, yeah you can stealth around the building, but hey, you know, if you get caught, ALL the guys you didn't kill will be looking for you.. and they hear noises, they see bodies, they notice changes in the world.
I'd also add that not only the map design is excellent, but the location of the various game items, consumables, ammo, etc throughout the game is also far superior to CP77.

TLDR: what is an exploit for every other game is standard gameplay for Cyberpunk2077

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
All I can say is you're missing a great game by giving up before you leave the prologue. Its like getting frustrated with a tutorial and rage quitting before you get into the real campaign.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
I think tehre were a few with Millitech? but I think we are talking about the same thing: you complete her first sorta-intro mission and then she asks if you will help her right now to go assault that base on the canyon and you either go or it never happens. ...and of course, first death, my toon now glitches out on that little action drive into the canyon, so I am always loading into her skin and it's super weird and I can't do anythign about it--save/restart does nothing, lol. Anyhoo, yeah, that one. I had no sniper rifles at the time and early on in the game, I was building pistol-headshot HEAVILY...which means I can shoot things, but my damage falls off from non-headshots by like 40-600%, lol. ...and it's kinda hard to make pistol headshots, with any scope, in that kind of "power" mission. So, I held off pretty well a couple of times, but it was when the backup showed up in those APCs and I never could get far enough in to the compound to avoid those. Much later or with a proper "assaulty" build...yeah, I could have wrecked that, lol. I also didn't have/wasn't familiar with Smart tech at the time..that definitely would have helped. I get sniped a lot in the game because it's sorta hard early on to get pistol headshot damage on teh run...it's really just a stupid build for the most part, haha--but hey, popping off 40-60, think I've seen 75k on hit is pretty neat, 2% of the time....

hah! I also went back to Altered Carbon for that reason. Very vibey, helped a lot. I had stopped watching the 2nd season about a year ago, whenever it released, because I had forgotten too much and...well, since everything "Changes" sorta, getting oriented after a year and no reminder with that show was pretty rough. BUT. I just jumped back in, actually found the s1 recap this time, because I'm stupid, and soldiered through it, and really dug it. I wasn't that into the first season, but I may go back to it again now that I enjoyed the 2nd season much more (sadly, the last, I think?).

Ooooh, yeah, I know which part you mean .. where you are in the cave after she drives you in "the beast" and you get ambushed. I had to do that more than a few times as well, and similarly got the same dumb glitch where you spawn inside of her. I pretty much used a sniper rifle for that part, hiding behind barriers, sneaking shots, healing. One thing that has really made the game pretty cheap at this point is the perk for no damage falloff for pistols .. I can one shot an entire mob with a silenced pistol before they see me, and the AI is too dumb to do anything but sneak around slowly and look for me while I easily line up headshots lol. I don't think I had that at that point in the game though.

I finished Altered Carbon S1 the other night .. loved it. Did not expect katanas and swordfighting to actually be part of cyberpunk lore .. I'm going to make a close quarters build next, probably after the next patches.