Cyberpunk 2077

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I guess they're not giving refunds because too many people asked for it. Sad. Oh well it is my fault.

hmm, steam gave me a day 1 refund, after installing it. Are you within whatever rules for the platform that you are trying to refund?

steam is pretty tight on their policy: within 2 weeks after purchase, and no more than 2 hours played (2 hours play is way, way, way too short for pretty much any game these days)

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I guess they're not giving refunds because too many people asked for it. Sad. Oh well it is my fault.
CDPR also said if you don't get a refund for where you bought it they set up an email where you can ask for a refund through them directly.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Unexpected patch today ... one quest fix and removed the 8 MB save game size limit that people were crying about.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Crying about? How can you release a game with an inventory system but when you use that system to collect items the game corrupts the save? It’s not “crying about it” to expect a functional game.

Yes, crying about it. It’s been two weeks, take a break, do something productive, get some sleep if you’ve played 100 hours and broken the save system.

edit: for the record, playing the game like a normal person with plenty of crafting and stuff in my inventory after ~40-45 hours playtime, my latest save game is 2027 kB. None of the testers broke the game, real people did, they fixed it extremely quickly. Tears were shed anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: zinfamous

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This is why its good to wait a couple days on major triple A titles. Theres usually issues and sometimes severe ones. Let the other guys figure it out. Theres always plenty of people who just NEED to have the latest stuff on opening day.
It aint 1987 anymore you momos. Games dont come out perfect these days. Well, it doesnt matter either way. If a game was broke on your Nintendo it stayed broke. They almost never fixed it. Final Fantasy still has the same bugs it always did. At this point you would want the Gameboy Advance remake which fixes all of that, and adds some new content.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Crying about? How can you release a game with an inventory system but when you use that system to collect items the game corrupts the save? It’s not “crying about it” to expect a functional game.

actually, what happened is that there was an item dupe bug that people were exploiting--it even mentions that right along with the first post you made about the save game file issues. So, a lot of people were duping stuff to just get quick cash, and I'm guessing that is what was killing those save files. I've noticed that may save files very a lot, and I have no idea why (1mb to 4mb; and not that far apart in progress....so there also must be some issue related to the actual physical cost of items in your inventory. lol, I have no idea, but why not? leaky memory loops in the code that maps items to bag slots...or however that works. dunno.

also, it's a rather functional game. Not sure what you're talking about. ...but I've noticed that those still making such claims haven't really played it yet. I mean, that's fine. Great decision to make and you should--but I've been dealing with game releases for...how many years now? How would I expect this to be outside of the norm? It absolutely isn't.

I usually don't buy games so early because this always happens. It always does. I also don't give a crap about it right now for my sake, because I made that decision to expect it and not give a crap. And guess what? the game is incredibly functional and actually quite fun. It just is. That's why all of these complaints just don't make sense when I absolutely know so much of it isn't true.

Why is this game suddenly so special that it deserves such specific animus from the peanut gallery that isn't going to want to play it, anyway? I just don't get it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: repoman0

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
So i bought the game from GOG on the 12th it was already patched to v1.04 played the game for about 2 hours, the game play was very slow. Then i installed v1.05 when it came out started from beginning again, game played better but now i sea lot of bugs, like my partner walking through elevator door, cars driving into and half through the walls then crash.
Requested refund on the 16th got automated response from GOG and then never heard from them again. So i guess i am not getting it.

Got this from GOG:

We have received your refund request! ⠀
Before we can proceed further, we require an additional confirmation from you. Please note that your ticket will be marked as Pending until we hear back from you.

Please confirm if a conversion to GOG Wallet funds, which you could use towards any future purchase on our service, would be satisfactory for you. These funds are assigned immediately and they never expire. You can read more about the GOG Wallet here.

We're currently monitoring the effects of our updated voluntary Refund Policy to avoid potential abuse. We care about our developers, so each refund request is treated individually. Please keep in mind that we reserve the right to refuse a refund in specific cases.

Please let us know how you would like to proceed by replying to this email.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So i bought the game from GOG on the 12th it was already patched to v1.04 played the game for about 2 hours, the game play was very slow. Then i installed v1.05 when it came out started from beginning again, game played better but now i sea lot of bugs, like my partner walking through elevator door, cars driving into and half through the walls then crash.
Requested refund on the 16th got automated response from GOG and then never heard from them again. So i guess i am not getting it.

Got this from GOG:

so, assuming you responded to the "conversion to GoG wallet funds" request that they made, and still no response?

I think I've noticed a banner on their splash page or whatever that they were getting hammered with requests over the holiday season so they are unusually slow right now (also short-staffed, probably....assuming that type of work can't be done remotely, which I assume it could?)

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
No, my reply was "I would like CASH REFUND please."

That is also what i think that they are bombarded with refund request.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No, my reply was "I would like CASH REFUND please."

That is also what i think that they are bombarded with refund request.

right, so you replied in some way. that's all I was asking, heh. So yeah, I'm not sure. I definitely can't say that my experience should be representative, because I think I bought it on the morning of the 8th on steam, then DL, then requested refund later that evening (after reading some post and why the GoG installer is actually useful: just plants all of your other platforms' games in one place), I decided to just go with them instead because I had always meant to pick up a CDPR game from their specific DRM-free forever promise, etc etc...yada yada, how that goes, so.

This was before the sound and the fury, roared! against the dastardly BeleZEEbub! himself that is the metaphorical cocklebur of this software release package! So....I think I got in ahead of the "heavy traffic" :\

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Yes, crying about it. It’s been two weeks, take a break, do something productive, get some sleep if you’ve played 100 hours and broken the save system.

edit: for the record, playing the game like a normal person with plenty of crafting and stuff in my inventory after ~40-45 hours playtime, my latest save game is 2027 kB. None of the testers broke the game, real people did, they fixed it extremely quickly. Tears were shed anyway.

Lol ok tough guy.

What I’ve learned is people will apologize for anything and everything wrong with this game when it’s a real dumpster fire and you won’t admit it.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Not sure what happened with either patch 1.05 or 1.06 but I'm noticing worse performance now with the same settings I had previously. I'm consistently dipping in the 30's and used to be between 40-60 fps before.

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Lol ok tough guy.

What I’ve learned is people will apologize for anything and everything wrong with this game when it’s a real dumpster fire and you won’t admit it.

Sorry that some of us recognize how ridiculous it is that ostensibly grown adults are crying about broken saved games after purposely glitching it out in order to cheat. Back in the day when we did something that stupid and saved the game after e.g. seeing this:

1608786845332.png

we didn’t even have extra saves to fall back to and certainly didn’t blame Gamefreak for creating a “dumpster fire” ... just started again. Wahhhhhhh!!! :’(

Really weird that many of us who are actually playing the game rather than reading internet bs are having a great experience.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Sorry that some of us recognize how ridiculous it is that ostensibly grown adults are crying about broken saved games after purposely glitching it out in order to cheat. Back in the day when we did something that stupid and saved the game after e.g. seeing this:

View attachment 36295

we didn’t even have extra saves to fall back to and certainly didn’t blame Gamefreak for creating a “dumpster fire” ... just started again. Wahhhhhhh!!! :’(

Really weird that many of us who are actually playing the game rather than reading internet bs are having a great experience.

Dude, you're really Coping hard right now. "Glitching" maybe happening, but it is not the only way this Bug occurs. That is a Flaw and should not be accepted as normal.

• Haha
Reactions: repoman0

repoman0

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2010
Dude, you're really Coping hard right now. "Glitching" maybe happening, but it is not the only way this Bug occurs. That is a Flaw and should not be accepted as normal.

“Coping” about a video game? Lol, no. Just getting a kick out of all the ridiculousness surrounding this. One guy on a different forum, or here, can’t remember, went so far as to call CDPR evil .. give me a break. If this is what evil looked like then the world would be in pretty great shape. Anyway all started in this thread because of an offhand “crying about it” remark after posting a summary of the patch notes. Apologies to those that remark set off.

Great news about the save bug btw ... fixed, no need to accept it or not accept it as normal.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
these glitches and collision bugs are no different than what we are still seeing in Skyrim, 9 years after launch. is Skyrim still not one of the most popular, most critically acclaimed, and best selling games of all time?
i don't recall massive amounts of people requesting Skyrim refunds back in 2011 (2012 actually...) however for FO76 i do.

did anybody say Fallout 2077 yet?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
these glitches and collision bugs are no different than what we are still seeing in Skyrim, 9 years after launch. is Skyrim still not one of the most popular, most critically acclaimed, and best selling games of all time?
i don't recall massive amounts of people requesting Skyrim refunds back in 2011 (2012 actually...) however for FO76 i do.

Skyrim actually worked on release, and most of the major bugs were fixed eventually.
But yeah, I think people were less tolerant of imperfection with this game, for reasons.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

to be fair, FO76 also had a lot of other issues...like apparently being a complete turd of a game with nothing to do, right? Honestly, I didn't play it but I never saw a review that didn't describe an empty, boring world that forced this PvP thing that never worked. My nephew loves everything Fallout, and he hated it after a day.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
NPCs react differently depending on the the feats you've accomplished. So much for the game not having reactivity to your actions.

last night, I did notice a HUGE change in the same conversation, depending on your sequence of responses (so, no difference with street cred or any previous interactions).

Main quest line:

When you're meeting with Takemura and scouting the Arasaka plant to infiltrate it and plant a ...uh, hack or something on the Arasaka daughter's float in the upcoming parade. You follow him up to the construction tower across the street, and have a long conversation as part of it. I had gone through this bit the evening before, saved near the end of it--walking down to the ground to being the infiltration, and then quit. ...so I loaded it last night at that point, and was kinda confused because I didn't recall what I was supposed to do, so I reloaded from the beginning to go back through the conversation. After choosing what were a couple of different blue comments, which were actually "antagonistic" in my mind, he opened up and started talking about a lot of relevant backstory that, I think, opened up a new branchline for side missions. ...and, I already forget the details, lol. Maybe I need to stop playing this game when "a bit" stoned. Anyway, it struck me as a bit nuts because I'm not used to games like this opening up huge bits of information and options like that, just from otherwise mundane conversation sequences, that are dependent on the choices you make. ...That's what is always promised anyway, right? I think it's actually happening in this game, haha.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

I was starting to get worried, my saved game is at 5.3mb's now and i'm still in act 2, never used dupe exploit and i think i might have crafted 15 things (just under 60 hours in)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I was starting to get worried, my saved game is at 5.3mb's now and i'm still in act 2, never used dupe exploit and i think i might have crafted 15 things (just under 60 hours in)

mandatory "like" so that you reach that bizarre milestone.... :D