Cyberpunk 2077 delayed again until November 19

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I like the Shadowrun universe and I bought the 2nd & 3rd edition rule books and a couple source books. Only played a few sessions though, could never find a bunch of people who wanted to get into it.
Have definitely spent more time with the video games than real people. Played the SNES game several times. Played the new computer games a lot as well.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It is based on the Cyberpunk pen and paper game which was released 1 year before Shadowrun. Pretty much the same thing without the magic and metahuman races.

I would love a Shadowrun game, I was time into it in college, we would alternate D&D and Shadowrun campaigns every weekend. I believe MS owns the video game rights.

you know there's like, 6 or so Shadowrun games? going all the way back to SNES (one of my favorite games on the SNES) and Genesis, to some rather new indy-ish ones these days.

that complete collection for $18 right now on Steam is a great deal. The initial release was pretty good...not great, but still decent. I'm told Hong Kong and the Dragon thing are better, though. I admit I haven't really played those 2 campaigns yet, but I do have them...think someone here gave away some extra keys, actually!

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I'm honestly pretty surprised by that. Where did you get the impression it would be like Mass Effect? No squad, no classes, open world vs maps, etc.

The impression I got was they were going for a Deus Ex/GTA mash up.

I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I thought it was more RPG in the future than it appears to be. That's why I said "Mass Effect". More Space Witcher than GTA in the future.

Reactions: zinfamous

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention. I thought it was more RPG in the future than it appears to be. That's why I said "Mass Effect". More Space Witcher than GTA in the future.

It is an RPG, there are attribute points, a skill tree and some sort of leveling system. The only thing that makes me think of GTA is the driving around the badlands area.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It is an RPG, there are attribute points, a skill tree and some sort of leveling system. The only thing that makes me think of GTA is the driving around the badlands area.

that, and the factions alliance. Hopefully more fleshed-out alliance stuff than driving, imo.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
that complete collection for $18 right now on Steam is a great deal. The initial release was pretty good...not great, but still decent. I'm told Hong Kong and the Dragon thing are better, though. I admit I haven't really played those 2 campaigns yet, but I do have them...think someone here gave away some extra keys, actually!

The second one (Dragonfall) is probably the best of the lot, though I really enjoyed Hong Kong as well. The first one is short and rough around the edges. Make sure to shop carefully, since the studio responsible for those three games (Harebrained) did not work on some other Shadworun games that show up on the Steam store and elsewhere.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Hong Kong is EXCELLENT and I highly recommend.

Boston is crap. It was supposed to be a Shadowrun MMO but it failed miserably, because it sucks.

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Yeah, Boston Lockdown was the one by another developer. No idea why Harebrained stop making Shadowrun games.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
All the feedback I read about CP seemed to indicate the core rpg gameplay was most similar to Skyrim than anything else, although it looks more dialogue heavy to me.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This gameplay video makes it look like GTA 6.

Not saying thats a bad thing, it could be excellent. But We need more vids to get an idea what this will end up being.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Thanks for posting this. I agree.

i770PfB.jpg

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I'm still avoiding any and all gameplay/trailers/reviews/etc. I'm just here to say that I'm glad they're pushing it back. Too many developers will rush things out because investors tell them to or because they want us to do their testing for them.

Reactions: Igo69 and zinfamous

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
When I was installing the newest NVidia drivers for my oh-so-awesome EVGA GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 passively-cooled LP-ready card (which came in a larger box than my GDDR6 GTX 1650 SC Ultra card, so it MUST be a better card, right? LOL. Anyways. The NVidia installer was touting Cyberpunk 2077 as utilizing RTX and DLSS 2.0.

Might it be worth investing in an RTX card, finally, for Cyberpunk 2077? Or is that still just a gimmick? Will Ampere (NV 3000-series) be out by then?

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
I'm still avoiding any and all gameplay/trailers/reviews/etc. I'm just here to say that I'm glad they're pushing it back. Too many developers will rush things out because investors tell them to or because they want us to do their testing for them.

This. I am doing exactly the same don't want to ruin the fun when i will be playing this game.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
When I was installing the newest NVidia drivers for my oh-so-awesome EVGA GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 passively-cooled LP-ready card (which came in a larger box than my GDDR6 GTX 1650 SC Ultra card, so it MUST be a better card, right? LOL. Anyways. The NVidia installer was touting Cyberpunk 2077 as utilizing RTX and DLSS 2.0.

Might it be worth investing in an RTX card, finally, for Cyberpunk 2077? Or is that still just a gimmick? Will Ampere (NV 3000-series) be out by then?
Not sure we have good comparisons yet. All the nvidia screenshots are noticeably absent of npcs... Either way I'd wait for an RTX 3xxx.