Cute girl at the fast food joint

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
you should just say hi, you have a nice smile and opder something. after she gets your chow chow, just make nice conversation with her (short ones) and ask her if she would like to grab coffee after work. don't sound nervous or hesitant or anything. if you want, i'll demonstrate it for you. :)

nd

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow, this thread is full of sucky ideas... I think the only feasible one is the dollar super-gluing gimmick.

Bling Bling

Banned
Dec 16, 1999
Best trick: order from her everytime you go. Then when you feel lucky (or like the 3rd time or so) say something like "hey, it's me again." that will prompt a smile more than likely if not, it will get you a response. then just start talking. ask her what she likes/prefers to eat, and if it's not to sh!tty, say "i'll try that today," and order it. Smile the whole time.

it's bound to work.

EDIT: acting a little nervous and/or absent-minded in a funny way might help out. some chicks seem to dig that. makes them feel less "threatened."

Mday

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
brandon has a point there...

<< Reach down, grab her crotch >>

make sure it's a real woman!

tim0thy

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2000
bling has a good idea... or you can ask her what's good to eat, blah blah, and go from there.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
ROTFL!

This is precisely why I chose to clean cages for the veterinarian instead of working a cash register when I was a teen. I was a floor guard at a skating rink for a while, but I didn't like the late nights or the manager who was always goosing me.

Dogs are safer and get less drool on you!

;)

edit: oh, and BTW, good luck, Namuna. ;)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I just wanna know what the hell a &quot;Au'Bon Pain&quot; is?

It might just be me, but I don't think I'd eat at a place with the word &quot;Pain&quot; in it's name :Q

StickHead

Sep 28, 2000
Ok, it is Off Topic, but when did the forums turn into &quot;How can I snag the fat ugly fast food burger fliper?&quot; Come on, look who you are asking for dating advice!

arcain

Oct 9, 1999
&quot;Au'Bon Pain&quot;

&quot;Pain&quot; is probably bread..
&quot;Bon&quot; I believe is good..

So maybe a bakery or a sandwich place?

But then what do I know, I took Spanish in HS.

Sephiroth_IX

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 1999
Open with a nice compliment. The smile thing always works :) Then, if you get a good reaction, you can ask her out somewhere... Just play the scenario out in your mind, and try to make it seamless. Do not allow any awkward moments, and attempt to make the compliment not intruding.

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
Au'Bon Pain. Must be French, don't sound Spanish to me. It's one of them hoity-toity fast food joints. Fresh breads/bagels, sandwich wraps and fresh juices...You know, the stuff you pay $5 an ounze for.

Stickhead,
you seem to have a low opinion of the people on these forums. That's too bad, cause there're plenty of 'good' ones around.

Namuna

Platinum Member
Jun 20, 2000
Well, I had the nerve today to go up to her and order something.

Aside from saying hi, smiling a bunch and ordering I didn't say much else.

She's new, she screwed up my order.

Oh well, first contact.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Au Bon Pain = of/with the good bread (more or less)

Here's how to go about it. Walk up to her. Order...and then start to walk away, turn around, gaze into her eyes, sigh a little, open your eyes...and exclaim Bitch! My sandwich is supposed to have CHEESE!! Who's yo daddy?!? :D